Zombie Barrel

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by MikeH121, March 19, 2013.

1. MikeH121

MikeH121

The shop texted me my Zombie M4 barrel is there. Didn't get back before 5:00 so will grab in the morning.

2. Yeppers I got mine today at 10am. Caught Fedex just before I had to leave for work. I am impressed with the barrel thus far. I just wish it was dimpled for the gas block but oh well.

I also order my Yankee HIll Phantom flash hider that should be here on the 22nd. :D

Just working on the rail system and such now. I have to figure out what I want and how to install it.

3. MikeH121

MikeH121

The 223 Wylde was dimpled.....you can go with the YH gas block like this:

more of a compression fit than a set screw. Miday may have in Stock.

462151.jpg

4. That's the exact model I am going to order from MidwayUSA. I am waiting for a replacement debit card to arrive before I can order the parts.

I did order my quad rails tonight I ordered the YHM-9634. :D

5. MikeH121

MikeH121

Got the M4 profile Zombie Barrel.....it is about half the weight as the White Oak 223 Wylde. Of course some of the weight is due to Stainless Steel but also the heavy profile of the match barrel. No cutouts on the Wylde. Then again I am not mounting a 203 on it anytime soon. Unless they are allowed :D

Put one of those Grenade Launchers up to Fleabag-stein see how she reacts to Civies with 40mm grenade tubes even if you only have flares and shot (breaching) shells

6. So far I am impressed with the barrel quality. We'll see during the first test firing which I hope is soon. As soon as I get the hand guards this Monday I will have to get the barrel mounted at ADCO so I can complete the build.

I agree with you about getting the M203 on there. I personally would love to mount one of those bad boys and play with it. :D

7. MikeH121

MikeH121

The Boss has one. A former employee...sold him a Korean AR copy with a 203. He has 3 flares. After the CT shooting he unmounted it. (Just in case) He just bought in an AK74 all black that he has.

I am still waiting for him to decide to sell his Colt 1911 Match 45. He got it from a lady who's husband died. He won it in a competition. It was valued at 2000.00 10 years ago. He has never fired it. He said I will be his first choice. He Just bought the XDS. He has a 44 Dirty harry model. An older Desert Eagle 50 A Bushmaster AR15 he bought from another employee. I took in my completed EBR (evil black rifle) He asked what I would sell it for. He has only shot an M16 on the KY MG shoot. I broke mine down. Gave him a class. :D He kept forgetting his AR.

For now I am just gonna store the Zombie barrel. Like I said it is half the weight. I may do at least another upper. But except for ammo, and maybe an accessory or so I am done for now on the gun buying. Well okay if I find a deal. :banghead: