Your opinion, please

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by diesel, March 26, 2014.

1. diesel

diesel

Hey guys, do you like or dislike the looks of this;

Smith M&P R8.jpg

I must admit, i'm undecided on this one.:timeout: :flag:

2. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

I tend to dislike optics on handguns in general, so... :no:

3. I'm not altogether against optics on handguns. Hell, a low profile Weaver reflex sight can be just what the doctor ordered at times. But a "tactical" revolver... I wouldn't NOT shoot it, nor would I hesitate to pick one up if my life depended on it. But I sure as hell wouldn't go out of my way to get one.

4. I had a Beretta Inox with aftermarket compensated barrel and a wide view dot sight. Was specialized use,compensated barrel got rid of recoil and sight provided quick acquisition. Was really good for its' purpose,but too specialized.

5. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

Diesel ... Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. With that said, I wouldn't want to personally be holding that monstrosity ;). Then again, I'm not a big revolver guy and only use optics on my rimfires, so i'm probably not the best guy to weigh in on this one :D.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Then again ... I wouldn't recommend this one either :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: March 26, 2014
  6. Diesel,

Would I buy one? No.

Would I carry it? No.

That looks like a USPSA Unlimited revolver.

Obviously not legal for IDPA but it is legal for many other shooting sports.

AD

7. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    diesel if you like it buy it. If I bought every gun based on a pole my safe would be empty. My taste for guns is way different then everyone else. Some guns are meant to enjoy not every gun is a carry gun. The Ruger Super Blackhawk with 10 1/2" barrel with scope is my fun gun.

8. I know what you mean about the SB Ruger 44 mag. I set my trigger at one# and .010 total movement. It will lay them in there.

http://youtu.be/jLs9hvoDhB0
    50yd. offhand.

RICHGCOOP

9. jakeball

jakeball

Dont settle, but what you like! Dont wanna be home shooting one gun and thinking about the other.

Shoot Strait!

10. diesel

diesel

Thanks for the input, guys. I wish I could afford this one, I would bye it (minus the optics)
    I was just curious how others felt about it, as one could consider this piece (even without the optics) as being "radically different" as far as conventional revolvers are concerned.
    The built-on picatiny rails I consider radically different. As far as the nasty look'n grips.......well......nuf' said.
    Again, thanks for the opinions.:flag: