You meet the NICEST people shooting!!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by PrepperTraining, January 23, 2013.

1. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Guys,

Last week I got to meet White Wolf. Today I met Minimal Brat, Diesel and Rifleman. I can't tell you how much fun I had! We got to shoot all sorts of fun new guns. We had some great conversation over lunch - both days!!

For me, meeting in person is really what these boards should be about. It is a blast to get out and meet people that share the same interests.

I hope to have at least two more get togethers before I leave for MN again. I hope you guys keep this up. I will be tracking you all down the next time I'm in town.

Thank you all for the friendship and fun!

Prepper Training

2. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

BTW - for those of you interested... The Appleseed Project has some great rifleman training. We talked about it over lunch a bit today. The links is here.

3. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

HPIM2769.jpg HPIM2770.jpg HPIM2771.jpg HPIM2772.jpg HPIM2774.jpg

I posted three times today but nothing showed up lol. So here goes again

I am not going to say how nice it was to meet all of you.

OH MY GOSH, I HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME.

You all were so nice and helpful. Thanks to you I am not afraid of the larger calibers anymore. I shot guns I never thought I would shoot.

Did I say OH MY GOSH, I HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME? LOL It was so nice to meet you all. Did I say I wasn't going to say that lol.

Thank you so much for bringing so many toys for me to enjoy.

Diesel, I sure hope your back is feeling better.

Prepper, do you still see that red dot on you lol.

Rifelman you were so nice.

I am missing someone hmmm Kenny? You were great.

I really, once again, want to thank each and everyone of you for all the guns you brought and let me shoot. Come on, you know which ones I squealed about what were they lol? You know it was a good kind of squeal it made you all smile every time lol.

I was asked what I shot when I got home. Oh my gosh, I don't even remember I shot so many and loved so many of them. There were shot guns and .44's, .45's, a great .22 and so many others. That black one with the strap was great and oh i loved the cowboy one and that pump one was so fun and a 357 I would have NEVER tried that with out you there to say go ahead have fun and on and on and on lol.

I know there is a video of me shooting floating around and it better never see the light of day lol.

Thanks for such a terrific day
    Dawn

Last edited: January 24, 2013
  4. diesel

diesel

I couldn't agree more. Had a great time with ya'll even though you out shot me.
    Prepper,
    Brat,
    Rifleman,and
    Mr. K.
    You made it a great day, it was very nice to meet you warm hearted folks, although you didn't have to embarrass me so badly by shooting so we'll. Prep likes to throw rounds through the same holes. Brat will now shoot anything(me thinks shes going after a bazooka for her next purchase). The Rifleman was his usual self, shooting very well. And Mr. K was a great guy period, had me laughing all afternoon!:thumbs: :flag:

Thanks for a cool day ya'll, looking forward to next time,

Diesel

5. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Prep made us all looks so bad. I think from now on we should only let him shoot dimes lol. For years and years I have told people if they keep it up I am going to shoot them in the face with a used bazooka. Oh I have to get one of those lol. I couldn't believe I blew that guys head off with that shot gun. WOW, that will sure do the trick for home defense lol.

6. Yesterday was a day that I needed to have,just to remind me that even when shooting with people you do not know,it was a very nice day.It made me think that we are all in the same boat and that even as strangers we all believe in and agree with the second amendment.I personnaly had a great time.I learned that I need to spend a lot more time at the range and after seeing that picture I need to spend a lot more time away from the fridge.

7. Prepper,Thank You for the link.Iwant to find out more and maybe try to get my club to become affiliated.

8. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

I so hate I can't meet up this coming Sunday. I can't even go down south this weekend. There are doc appointments Friday and Monday for Kenny again. That darn pacemaker just isn't doing what it should do. I SWEAR I didn't zap it lol. The one lead just isn't working correctly. They are going to do tests again both days to see if they want to try to fix it or see if it might fix on it's own. I am going to be down there the weekend of the 8th because we are going to the state house. Will drag my shooting buddy with me so I don't have to go myself lol. Would love to see you all there. We can stand in the cold together and hold signs then head out to the range lol.

Come on guys let me know what I shot. I know you all know the ones I said I really liked lol. I know a few were wheel guns and then there was a high point, darn that 357 was pretty nice :).

Hubby laughed and asked how many of them put me on my butt. I looked at him and smiled then said I must be better than you think NONE of them put me on my butt. He was surprised.

I want you all to know, Prepper lol, that I was so good while you all where there. When that red dot hit you I would have gone from lady to redneck in about .5 seconds. I didn't want you to see that side of me lol.

9. diesel

diesel

I know that you shot;
    s&w 586-.357Mag
    henry yellow boy, lever action-.45Colt
    s$w629-.44Mag
    s&w.45Acp
    s&wgaurdian.45Colt.45Acp,.410
    kaltech9mmRifle?? and a few others that I did not see.....oh Riflemans .22cal 1911 I think CGC????
    a shotgun:party:

You handled all very well, I must say.:flag:

10. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

OK Brat - I can vouch for my guns that you shot for sure.

My guns were:
    The High Point 9mm carbine. That was the black rifle with the red dot sight. Kenny (your Kenny) will probably talk [email protected] about High Point, but they really are good guns - especially for the price!
    Then I think my next gun you shot was the High Point pistol in .45 ACP.
    Then I think you shot Diesel's Smith and Wesson 586 which was a .357 magnum revolver.
    Once I saw you were handling the .357, I put you behind my Smith & Wesson 629 which was a .44 magnum revolver (the silver "Dirty Harry" gun).
    Finally the last one you shot was Kenny's 12 guage shotgun. I don't remember which you shot, but I think it was the Mossberg 590 (without the strap on the foregrip). He also has a Remington 870.

I'm really bummed that you won't be able to make it Sunday. I hope everything turns out with DH.

11. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

How did you know Kenny, oh gosh don't call him mine lol, would say just that. He sure did but you know, I have grown to an age I don't listen to him lol. When I was 22 and he was 42 I thought he knew everything, at 50 I sure know he doesn't lol. For those big ones I am going to have to open carry lol. How on earth am I going to conceal some of those bad boys lol.

Thanks to both of you for letting me know. He still thinks they knocked me around lol. I have been thinking about all this and I think the bigger and heavier were easier for me to shoot than my smaller and lighter lol.

You can call my daughter mine. You can call my son mine. I will take some ( not all ) responsibility on how they turned out. I take no responsibility on how kenny is lol, he was grown when I got him lol.

Last edited: January 25, 2013
  12. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Was some sweet fun. Knitting is just not going to do it for me anymore lol.