• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Wyoming lawmakers propose bill to nullify new federal gun laws

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army

m.washingtonexaminer.com...

Wyoming, stepping up to the plate again, is proposing a new bill to put Obama in his rightful place. OUT of state business.

The Federal government, as most agree, has no business stepping into state business and telling individual states what to do. For those that disagree, see the 10th ammendment.

After Obama was elected the first time, at least 28 states, including Wyoming, had the foresight to see Obama and Holder were coming for their guns. These states passed bills re-affirming their 10th ammendment rights, some directly telling the president to butt out of state business.

There were many heated debates on ATS, with the typical name calling and racial aggressiveness used to attack people who believed Obama was going to make a move for guns. People were called racist, paranoid, mentally ill. It went on and on.

Now, we are facing the sum of all fears. The ugly truth is out now, and regardless of the reason claimed to be the precursor, it was evident from the start this was going to happen. Those with foresight were not so wrong.

This new bill prohibits the Federal Government from creating any laws about guns or magazines in the state of Wyoming. It also has jail and fines for Federal agents that attempt to do anything to anyone in the state with refernce to gun bans, and the state if Wyoming will defend any citizen if the Feds arrest or charge them.

Now. If only more states remembered their 10th.

Wyoming lawmakers propose bill to nullify new federal gun laws, page 1

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Now THAT is what i'm talking about! The balls to stand up to these libs is all that's needed. They will back down if threatened with legislation such as this. I hope ohio is smart enough to follow suit.:flag:

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Diesel I hope Ohio is not only smart enough but strong enough to follow suite with regards to gun rights and obamacare. I suppose we'll see in the coming months what can and will be done.

I wrote to Govenor Kasich today. I got a semi automated response, here it is.

Dear Todd:

Like all Americans, I was horrified as the tragedies of Friday, December 14th unfolded in Newtown, Connecticut. The deplorable act of violence that took the lives of innocent children and adults is beyond reason, and I pray that, in time, the families of the victims and the people of that community are able to find peace.

As you no doubt recall, we were all reminded of the evil that exists in our world when six students were shot, three fatally, at Chardon High School in Geauga County on February 27th, 2012. In the aftermath, the heroic stories of the first responders, teachers and staff who acted swiftly and selflessly to protect others showed true courage.

Since that tragic event, and in the wake of the recent tragedy in Newtown, the absolute necessity for school officials, parents, students and first responders to be trained and practiced in responding to these unthinkable crimes is of utmost importance. Various state and local agencies, including the Ohio Office of Homeland Security and the Ohio Department of Education, have worked collaboratively to implement, review and drill response plans. Moreover, these occasions of violence and heartache should give us all pause to think about how we treat each other, and the value we as a society place upon every life.

With regard to calls for legislation in response to these events, it is my belief that we will be best served by enforcing those laws that currently exist. And, in the weeks and months that follow, we should learn as much as possible about how this happened, and what steps we can take, including mental health awareness and school safety protocols, to guard against the senseless loss of innocent life ever again.

I appreciate your taking the time to write. Please join me and my family in continuing to keep the communities of Chardon and Newtown, and all innocent victims of violence, in our prayers. Thank you.

Well gee no where in there is language that would suggest or even hint at the gun as the problem. It may be an auto statement, but it sounds logical and reasonable.

I like Kasich about 75% of the time. I agree with him 100% on the above. Maybe Ohio and Texas will stand alone in the "it ain't a gun problem" response.