• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Work in progress

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Something I have been wanting to do for quite some time now is build an ammo can rack.

I have all but the plywood shelf tops to go.

I modified 1 from the internet to add a shelf on the bottom to get things off the floor rather then leaving open space down there.

It not pretty but its functional which is what I am going for.

Attachments

Me took an old Armoire, closet door on the right 5 big drawers on the left and just used that. Just built shelves into the closet side plus had to use a closet in my now gunroom, which was the other bedroom. My ex would not approve. But she ain't here to bitch. :rofl:

If you wanna pretty it up get some glue on veneer. Cut to size a little wood glue. My gun table is 2x6 legs which I used a cherry gel stain that I had made them reddish in color. The top is a used Workbench I bought at Rockler, it was a display but someone wanted the steel frame and not the top. It is 5' long x 4' deep, it is made of Russian white birch wood. The frame that holds it is an old bedframe I cut and the top just sets into it. If it gets really cruddy, I just flip it over.

The Other table which has my rifle display, with my 50 cal wooden bullets holding the tenon, was made from the old piano that I also made a shaker hall chair from.

I loves utilizing existing stuff or re-purposing stuff not intended for what they now serve.

You can get faced plywood even from the big box stores. It just has a thin veneer on top so it looks more finished.

:flag:

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
I thought about getting some vinyl camo wrap for it but as long as it serves the purpose in my basement I am good. Just need something for can storage, too many of them sitting under my bench.

Besides Mike, I do not have 1/10th of the talent you do in woodworking. :(

Most of the talent is figuring it out and determination. And most of all not worrying about failure. You fall get up start over.

If you ain't dead, you keep moving. Sort of like a DGU. If the bad guy wants you dead and gets the first blow, you are wounded, keep in the fight.

As Bruce Lee said though, "Boards don't hit back" But sometimes they do, like when your table saw pusher breaks and the board come back and hits you in the gut.

That hurt like hell. I didn't shoot it though. :rofl:

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Well my previous attempts with the table saw ALMOST ended in tragedy. I was cutting some pieces for a wedge base for a doggy ramp and, well let's just say, I should have had a pushrod but I was "far enough" away that it was not a problem. Houston we have a problem. Got the cut done and went to take the piece of the table. It slide just slightly and caught the blade which also took my thumb in with it. Fortunately I had changed from the rip blade to a finish blade. I almost lost my right thumb because of it. The entire pad was pretty much cut off but attached by a very tiny piece of flesh.

Turned the saw off trailing blood from the garage to the kitchen, I wrapped my thumb up in a big wad of paper towels and headed to the ER. Went in the girl asked me to fill out paperwork and I told her I could not because of my injury. She told me I had too to be see and that's when I removed the towels to show her and drop blood all over the floor. She then filled out the papers for me WHILE I was been seen immediately. LOL

That is the reader's digest version of that story. My wife is the other part of it. Needless to say I still have my thumb and full pad thanks to some great ER docs and some fast stitch work on their behalf.