Wife told me to go buy a gun for my birthday and father's day

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by dust_webbs, May 16, 2014.

1. dust_webbs

dust_webbs

Well I want a compact carry gun I have a glock 22 so I was thinking 27 to stay with same caliber I want to stay with the 40 but what are some options other brands i was looking at the m&p 40 shield she gave me a limit no more than the block with le discount

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

2. reaper66

reaper66

I'd just go with the G27. It's just as thick as the G22, but you get the added advantage of using the G22 mags in the G27. Plus I really like Glocks. :)

Sent from my PantechP4100 using Tapatalk

3. Honestly Dust I would stick with the Glock or a Springfield XDm or XDs. I love my XD series guns and they have the back strap safety as well which to me is a plus because you HAVE to hold the gun correctly to fire it.

4. If you ever decide to relieve yourself of your surprisingly loving wife, give her my number.:rofl:.......lol.:flag:

5. dust_webbs

dust_webbs

Won't happen I suckered in to agreeing that I can get a new gun every year to

6. Well, seeing as how you're running a G22 now, why not go with the G23? Same caliber and an excellent shooting gun in a good size. I carry it as my "road" gun when I leave the area for more than a day or so.

Easier (and lighter) to carry than my normal G30 and it carries more rounds!

I have a guy who does shoot the G27 with us on our Monday night IDPA and it works out just fine too. I prefer the size of the G23 though as I like my pinkie finger to have something to do.

As the G23 and G19 (9mm) are exactly the same size, you can have a backup gun in 9mm and still use the same holsters and gear for it.

AD

7. dust_webbs

dust_webbs

Well I got my 27 I went to the gun store and they didn't have the l.e so they ordered it for me on Monday I got a call Friday saying its in. Can't beat 4 days for them to order it and get it in