White House says Obama Supports Renewing Assault Weapons Ban – But Congress Won’t Act

Discussion in 'News, Headlines and Information' started by whitewolf68, August 7, 2012.

1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On Monday, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters that President Obama supports renewing the Assault Weapons Ban, but pointed to Congress’s intransigence on the issue of gun control as the reason the administration hasn’t aggressively pursued the measure. [/FONT]

“He does support renewing the assault weapons ban,†Carney said at his press briefing, a day following the mass shooting at a Sikh Temple in Wisconsin that left seven people dead, including the gunman. During follow up questions on why more isn’t being done to reinstate the AWB, Carney added that, “there has been reluctance by Congress to pass that renewal.â€

http://www.guns.com/white-house-obama-assault-weapons-ban-congress-10352.html

2. rjrivero

rjrivero

Re: White House says Obama Supports Renewing Assault Weapons Ban – But Congress Won’t

<sarcasm on> Wow. Color me surprised! Obama is anti gun?!?!! <sarcasm off>

3. diesel

diesel

Re: White House says Obama Supports Renewing Assault Weapons Ban – But Congress Won’t

"Common sense gun control?" Just what is this psycho's idea of common sense?........no guns at all except for the millitary, law enforcement and his personnal retinae.
    And the mayors group......bloomberg, rohm emmanual?......bigger anti's than barak and hillary.
    These facists need to go down or else our beloved America will be policed by the U.N.
    I believe it is past due for the common man to take back his country. When i see what our country has devolved to under these anti-american special interest groups and leftest morons, it makes me sick to my stomach.:flag: