Where did all the "zombie apocolypse" hype start??

Discussion in 'Zombie Apocalypse Preparedness' started by PrepperTraining, August 13, 2012.

1. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Just couldn't resist the siren song of a new/empty forum , so....

The earliest I can recall reading/hearing a reference to zombies is in the James Wesley Rawles book "Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse" which I read in 2006. In the book they talked about MZBs or Mutant Zombie Bikers which covered several scary end of the world characters in one package.

When did YOU first hear about zombies in the sense of the end of the world?

2. I watch "The Walking Dead" series on T.V. and love it. I thought that with all the hype out there with the Hornady Ammo and other mfg's using it, it was a catchy name.

Of course it is more collapse of the free world as we know it but then again ANYTHING is possible. LOL

Also I have buddy who is a BIG zombie movie freak and it reminded me of him.

If you think the name should be changed I am always open to changes. I was just playing on catchy. ;)

3. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Not at all!! I think it's very appropriate.

Regardless of your disaster of choice, if you're prepared for a zombie outbreak, you'll be prepared for anything. Pandemic? Gotta practice BSI (Body Substance Isolation) to prevent contamination. Civil unrest - check! Financial collapse - check!

Works for me!

4. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

It isn't the zombies I worry about. Come on is there a better movie than the original Night of the living dead lol. By the way, my husband thinks I am a wack job lol.

Anyway, I worry more about something happening like in the movie 28 days later. I don't see where this is so far fetched.

5. WOW! I love Night of the Living Dead! Also 28 Days and 28 Days Later are 2 of my favorites as well and scary as hell. They are so well done, it does seem feasible that it could happen.

I always tell my mother I worry more about what our own government is doing to us then other countries. I always wondered about what is in the flu shots and other inoculations we get. Then again I am a conspiracy nut. :dumb:

6. MikeH121

MikeH121

Where-ever it "officially" started it has been a great marketing tool for Ruger. Ammo companies. Now there are knives and machetes. Get youself some limish-green almost glow in the dark paint and you too can "zombify" your gear. Hmmmm, think I'll paint some on the bullet tips. That'll take care of those zombies.

7. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Just remember - headshots!!

Perfect application for that Mosin!

8. Noel

Noel

Probably started around 1932 when the first Zombie movie was made, called "White Zombie"

9. diesel

diesel

When i was a kid, i told my dad i was afraid of ghosts. He said....."Son....ain't the dead ones you need worry about." Ole Pop was right...as usual

10. Well, it seems like the "Zombie Apocalypse" is as old as Zombie movies... But as to when all the disaster preparedness "hype" merged with the fairly recent hype about zombies I couldn't say. I'm willing to bet World War Z and the Walking Dead had a lot to do with it. Either way it's as you said: If you're prepared for the zombie apocalypse, you're prepared for anything.

11. diesel

diesel

Alien invasion, to me, is more plausible than Zombie Attack.....know what I mean???'
    That's another reason i'm a big caliber guy, I want to put those bugs (like in the Sygornia Weaver "Alien" movies) down as fast as possible!:rofl:

FEAR THE GIANT BUGS!!!!! lol:flag: