What's your favorite rifle??

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by Chris1911, October 30, 2012.

1. What is your favorite rifle you own? Whether to shoot or just admire the quality. My favorite to shoot is a little Henry .22 lever-action.

2. diesel

diesel

I recently bought an M1A by Springfield. Nicest rifle i ever owned. Shoots great and looks even better. Haven't shot my AR15 the last 3 times at the range. Just too much fun shootn' that .308.:D :flag:

3. I've wanted an m1a since I was a kid. I'm soooo jealous. Now my wish list gets longer.

4. I have 2 that I love to shoot and admire the quality. First is my Model 94 Winchester .44mag Lever Action and secondly is my Savage 10FP .308 rifle. Both are just fun to shoot and beautiful to look at.

5. diesel

diesel

I always loved the Henrys, Chris. Im so jealous of YOU. When i get back to work, thats the first rifle i'll buy.
    Being an addicted revolver nut, #2 will be a S&W.45LC as i've never owned one.:flag:

6. diesel

diesel

Love that Win. 94 in .44 Mag. Want one of those as well. I've heard through the grapevine that rifles firing straight walled pistol ammo will be legal to hunt deer with next year in Ohio. That being the case, the value of your .44 will surely grow when all the hunters start buying them for next season.
    Ah.....if you should decide to sell it....don't forget me Wolf.....LOL:flag:

7. I've been looking at getting a bigger rifle caliber, anyone have experience with the .458 socom or .50 Beowulf?

8. Yeah my .44 mag lever gun is dead on accurate. I am sorry to say Diesel I will not be selling it anytime in the near or distant future, it was a gift from my dad. :)

9. My current favorite rifle is Rock River ar that I bought at Berea show 2 years ago.Good price and good shape.That rifle shoots better than some of my deer guns.My second favorite is a Savage mod14 308. That rifle will shoot real well when I get the right load.I never paid much attention to those Henry rifles until I handled one at the gun club and I was highly impressed with them.I hope to have one soon.

10. Love the Henry big boys

11. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

My husband has a pump shot gun, ranger by Winchester Model 120 12 Gage 2.5 & 3 inch shell 48 3/4 inches long sitting in the corner of the den. This is the room I am in if I am not cooking or cleaning lol. He said I should use this if someone should break in instead of my hand gun. I have never shot a shot gun and have no desire to break anything on my body lol. As far as I know my body did not come with a warranty and if it did since I turned 50 Friday the warranty is probably over. How hard is it to shoot one of these darn things? All I know about the thing is it is darn near as tall as I am lol.

Last edited: November 11, 2012
  12. diesel

diesel

Not hard at all, Brat. Remember to hold it tight to your shoulder and you'll be ok.
    Also keep your nose out from behind the reciever as a shotgun tends to push more than rifles.
    Start out with some low brass, less powerful loads so you know what to expect.
    You will be ok...i've no doubt.:flag:

13. Agree, start with some target loads and work up to slugs

14. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Thank you. Will call the range and see if I can shoot it there. Remember the days that you never thought of breaking a bone lol.

15. I remember Howard Stern say he knew he was getting old climbing stairs when he realized he would fall if not holding on to the rail. I too have found this to be true.

16. MikeH121

MikeH121

Get thee a Mosin 91/30 and feel the pain.....:lol:

As the saying goes it holds five but shoot an even number to reset your shoulder...:thumbs:

It has a kick...and a steel buttplate. But the ammo is even cheaper than a shotgun, the rifle is also cheaper.

You don't even have to put a bullet in it to stop a home invasion, the bayonet is 18 inches long and the whole thing can be used as a club. :rofl:

Seriously. You should look into one. But as to the shotgun, keep it tight to shoulder, and squeeze. Don't worry about the bruising after a lot of rounds. Even the Mosin bruising goes away. :lol:

Set your feet lean a little into the shot but stay balanced and loose, use your upper body to take up the recoil. Stay squared to your target just act a little springy.

17. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Heck I don't even want the one we have let alone get another one lol. Feet apart. Lean into the shot. Tight to the shoulder. One bruise and that is it lol.

18. diesel

diesel

My 90lb. granddaughter shoots a 12 so i'm sure you can handle it as well.
    Don't fear the recoil....enjoy it!:D :flag:

19. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

thank you that makes me feel better. The range I go to will let you use rifles but not shot guns. Looking for some place else. Heck I didn't know there was a difference lol. I do now.

20. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Hey Brat,

Maybe this will help, or this.

(lists of shooting ranges I found in OH)...