What other firearm sites are you on ?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by oldman10mm, August 18, 2013.

1. I'm also on m14forum,S&W forum,SavageShooters,Beretta forum,DPMS forum,AR15armory,firearms talk.

2. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

While I spend most of my time at RugerForum.net (as I'm a mod there), I also frequent a few others including: RimfireCentral, 1911Forum, DefensiveCarry.com & OFCC.

3. While we are on this topic I would like to take the chance to ask a question or two. Do you cross promote other sites while there? Is there anything you'd like for me to change to better support the membership and make it a better place to be? I know we are not the biggest and busiest here but I am trying to get the word out.

4. I bring up this site on other forums and pass this site to people at gunshows. They probably don't remember the site and with the upcoming gunshow season starting in september,I'm gonna carry around pieces of paper with the site name,ohgunowners.net. On national sites that have regional/state forum sections,I bring up this site in those sections.

changes to site to support the membership ??? The membership should support the site by staying active on the site and then the site would grow as visitors would see a lot of activity here and then want to join.

Last edited: August 18, 2013
  5. Thank you 10mm. I appreciate your efforts to get the word out we are here. I agree that we need more active members and I am ALWAYS open for new members. I try to do what I can to keep things active but I am only 1 person here and working many hours and various shifts. I just want to make sure I am doing ALL that I can to support the members here and make the board as user friendly as possible.

6. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

WW ... In an attempt to help out, I have invited several other Ohioans to check this forum out during the past month, and do have the forum link displayed on my signature line on several forums.

7. Thank you very much Buck. I appreciate your efforts as well. I am trying to get the word out to as many people as possible. Hopefully in time we'll have some sponsors with some money to spend in giveaways and be able to do group buys. :)

Like always if there is anything I change or add to help make this a great place please ALL do let me know.

Last edited: August 18, 2013
  8. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

You're welcome. Given the fact that this forum shows up in 3rd position when you Google "Ohio Firearms Forums" (actually ahead of OFCC), I'm honestly surprised that you're not getting more traffic, members & activity.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ohi...7j69i65j69i60.6761j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

9. WOW! I just checked and we are #1 when you google "Ohio Firearms Forums". :D

SWEET!!

10. How about doing a 'meet n greet' sometime so we can put a face to the username ?

11. Would love to have another meet and greet. :D

12. this site has 302 members,29 active members,what determines an active member ?

13. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

I'd be interested as well if the timing worked out :)

14. The system is setup to show them active if they have be here in the last 30 days. Perhaps I need to turn off the notification on the board.

Last edited: August 19, 2013
  15. If they have been here in the last 30 days and not posted OR if they have been here in the last 30 days and posted ? I see a lot of members in the memberlist with 0 posts.

16. Just if they are checking in. Does not matter if they have posted. I have thought about changing the time allotment in a higher number but that just skews the numbers in favor of the board and I am trying to keep things on a real level here.

I agree there are LOTS of members with zero posts. I wish there was a way to entice them more to post but I've not yet found the magic pill for that.

17. VernaHarris

VernaHarris

Re: Some Gun Art

I know we are not the biggest and busiest here but I am trying to get the word out.

18. VernaHarris

VernaHarris

Re: Powder coating your cast bullets

I'm also on m14forum,S&W forum,SavageShooters,Beretta forum,DPMS forum,AR15armory,firearms talk.

19. I am members on Compact Carry Forum, Hi-Point Firearms Forums, Taurus Armed.net, Ohioans for Concealed Carry, Ohio Gun Owners, Ruger Pistol Forums, Ruger Forum.net.

What brought me here was tapatalk. I was searching for gun forums that utilized tapatalk because I often have to catch up on my forums via cell phone or tablet. I would also mention that in your advertising. Good luck if there is anything I can do by all means give me a shout. Life is good.

20. If they haven't posted,it's wrong to consider them an 'active' member. Shouldn't 'active' be based upon activity.