What is your favorite powder?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by daniellawecki, January 19, 2014.

1. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Well one of my favorite powder is temporary out of production. Clays by Hogdon in stoppped for the minute. Will switch to 231 for now has powder production hurt your reloading?

2. All my rifles get IMR3031 after having learned my lesson with burned out barrels in a 6mm Rem with IMR4350 and IMR4831.
    Handguns are SR7625 for target/'plinking' and SR4756 for power in 9mm,38/357,40/10mm,44sp/44m.
    Hodgdon stated recently that PB,SR7625,SR4756,SR4759 will be discontinued by the end of 2014. I'm well stocked in 7625 and 4756,but will be adding more.

When I started reloading,for a S&W M10 38sp and Remington 700 6mm Rem,Remington had a 'reloading handbook' (free) and Remington and Dupont had an affiliation for cartridges/powders. Back then,Dupont made the IMRs' and SRs' and a few others. The Remington guide only listed Dupont powders,that's how I got started with the IMRs' and SRs'. I've tried Hercules H-2400 for the 357 and 44M,but always got 'dirty/unburnt powder results. When I got a chronograph,SR4756 gave me the same velocity levels(and sometimes better) as H-2400 but burnt clean.

Last edited: January 19, 2014
  3. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    I didn't want to start a new thread. So has anyone bought powder or anything from Lohmans. They have powder and I'm thinking of ordering 24lbs of powder. I know the Haz & Shipping is all part of the online thing but my powder is getting low.

4. looked at the Lohman site,thanks for the 'link'. Always looking to add reloading site.
    Since I only use the IMR series,their prices for those were in line with FFF prices.

5. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    I'm going to place and order with Lohmans tomorrow. I will report about their service or lack of it this will be my first time using them.

6. JameSpolly

JameSpolly

I love this forum much!