• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

What is the oldest gun you own?

Mossberg bolt action shotgun. Belonged to my grandfather. Its 12 gauge with a magazine that holds two shells in addition to one in the chamber. I believe it is from the 50s

Chinese Type 53 (Mosin M44 copy). This action was rough, even for a Mosin. Took me a lot of polishing on the bolts moving parts to make it shootable. The machining marks were so rough they make Romanian AK's look professional! Stamped for the year 1953:

Attachments

Oldest gun overall - an 1898 Krag-Jorgensen in .30-40 Krag. Not chopped, either. I spent two years looking for one that hadn't been sporterized, still shootable and all that.

My oldest handgun is a Colt Pocket Hammerless in .32 auto. Serial number has it being built and shipped in 1926. Currently my favorite gun to shoot. Much the tack-driver.

Not my oldest by a long shot. But I ran across another gun in my stash. It's a Remington .22cal single shot 1946 nice shape really nice shape. It might be time to check around the house never know what's here or there.

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Well, this got me to thinking and it looks like the oldest gun I currently own is the one I've owned the longest.

I didn't have a gun in high school, nor did I own one in the Army but when I got hired by the ECPD I immediately went out and bought a back-up gun and this is it.

April of 1970 and it's a S&W Model 36. I added the Pachmyer grips later and have kept them on ever since. This gun got carried a lot and the holster wear shows it. So, it is 45 years old and I've owned it since Day 1.

Price? $89.00 out the door circa 1970.

AD (hope this image comes out from Tapatalk)

Sent from the Glock Range Bag iPad using Tapatalk and a screwdriver

Bought at my father in laws auction (forced to settle estate) a Winchester Model 12, 20 Gauge shotgun in really nice shape. Would really be nice if someone hadn't put a PolyChoke on it.
Bought at the same time a Model 1897, 12 Gauge Shotgun, type used during WWI in the trenches, again in really nice shape sans the lose of the metal finish.

Oldest is an 1863 contract .58 calibre rifled musket make by the Providence Tool Co. I keep thinking I need to by a modern repro just to enjoy it more. :)

--
Mike