What is my gun worth?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Minimal Brat, October 24, 2012.

1. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Hey everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me.

The first gun my husband got for me was the Taurus 709 slim. I had done lots of reviews on it and it came with great reviews so he bought it for me. While I do like the gun I like my Ruger sr9c better. I know a few people who have the 709 and they love them but I have less recoil with the sr9c so it is my gun of choice.

I have thought about selling the Taurus 709 slim. I have only put about 50 rounds though it. How do I know what to ask for it?

Thank you

Dawn

2. I like to take 10-15% off new depending on condition and of course the popularity of the gun and how fast you want to sell it. Check out some online shops with a used version of your gun for a good starting point.
    Good luck

3. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Yeah - what Chris said... Check out gunbroker.com or armslist.com. Gun broker looks like they're going for betwen $300 and $400. If it were me and I wasn't in any hurry to sell, I'd put it out there for $400 and see if I get any hits...

4. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Thanks so much. I was looking around to see what a new one costs last night. I am in no hurry to sell so waiting to get what I want out of it is no big deal.

5. MikeH121

MikeH121

You could take a little less but trade it in at a Gun Shop for something you do like. The private sale gets you more. Selling online may get the price but then you take off a percentage and then you gotta meet or ship it to an FFL

6. diesel

diesel

a guns worth what you can get for it. according to blue book, it's worth $330 in 98% condition, $265 in 95%. again, it's worth a grand if someone will pay you for

7. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Looks like I was pretty close. I thought 325 to 350. I don't do online. I sell it we go to the bank and get a notarized bill of sale. Something happens to the gun I have proof I no longer had it. I did this when I sold my 380 too.

8. priceforguns

priceforguns

new website: www.priceforguns.com

www.priceforguns.com
    Gun Prices have always gone up and down depending on politics, the economy, and other factors. The only way to find the real value is to take a lot of time and go to auctions, classified sites to get a feel for the current value. I am building a website that takes data from auction, classified, and retailer sites and shows the current market value and also graphs the change in value over time.

Go to www.priceforguns.com and enter in your e-mail, and you will get all the updates about the website launch. Those that participate will be entered into a raffle for prizes when the site is launched.