What do you carry?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by whitewolf68, January 28, 2012.

1. Just wondering what gun(s) every one else carries.

I carry my Springfield XD9 subcompact lately for concealment. Sometimes I carry my XD40 Tactical or Spring 1911. I guess it depends on my mood.

Oh and uhhh yeah, I am a Springfield person. LOL

2. I used to carry an XD sub 9 but now carry a BG380

3. DEFCON1

DEFCON1

Depends on what mood I'm in, and what I'm wearing.

Primaries:

HK USP9, various locations, cocked and locked with two extra magazines. Stoked with Winchester Ranger 127 grain +P+ "restricted" rounds

Browning Hi-Power 9mm, same as above

Star PD .45 ACP, same as above, loaded with Hornady TAP 230 grain HP rounds. (carried the most)

CZ 82, same as above, loaded with Hornady 95 grain XTP rounds

Bulgarian Makarov, same as above. Used as a deep concealment gun.

Back-up for all:

Ruger SP-101 .357 loaded with IMI 158 grain HP.

Sometimes, when I'm in the right mood, I will substitute a Uberti Cattleman in .45 Colt with Hornady 185 grain Critical Defense.

In the woods I will OC a Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull. I hate Bears.

I've had a lot of guns over the years, but these are the ones that remain in constant carry rotation, and will never be for sale. The collection keeps changing. I am currently looking at a PA-64 and a Ruger SR-1911.

Chris

4. diesel

diesel

Remington R-1 1911.

5. Glock 30 for me!

Very accurate right out of the box and nothing to change or fix.

Put it in the holster and carry in confidence.

AD

6. Sigh

Sigh

Springfield Milspec 1911 and/or Ruger SP101 2.25" in .357 with an NAA mini .22lr as a BUG. There are 2 spare magazines carried for the 1911 and 6 spare rounds for the SP101.

I've carried other sidearms over the years but those three have settled out as practically exclusive nowadays.

7. I too have a Springfield Milspec 1911. That is a great gun in deed. :)

8. Sigh

Sigh

It replaced my pre-ban Norinco 1911. The Norc was perfect in every way; my now deceased best bud gunsmith did an expert job on it. Alas, it wasn't stainless (the last refinish was sandblasted & blued) so I opted to store it away and carry the Springer. No regrets as it's a great carry sidearm too. I have this thing for stainless and carry... all three carry pieces are stainless. I sometimes spend a lot of time outside unprotected in rain/snow and I'm not fastidious about prompt firearm cleaning. :eek:

Which model Springfield 1911 do you tote?

9. My father had a Norinco that was an excellent gun as well. I wish he still had it. Glad you still have it. :)

I am the same way you are about cleaning. I am really bad about it but getting better. I only have 1 stainless gun and that is a S&W 4516-1.

I usually carry my Kimber Ultra Carry II or in the mood I carry my Springfield xD 9mm. I love my xD's I have 2 of them and want another. Sometimes if I am going to the range I will carry my full size Springfield 1911.

10. Sigh

Sigh

My son now has the Norinco as well as my Ruger Vaquero in .45 Colt. I don't know how he ends up with my favorite firearms but at least they are still in the family.

11. LOL At least you know he will take care of them. :cool:

I used to have my dads 44-40 but he wanted it back. :mad:

12. Sigh

Sigh

Well, my son was supposed to buy me a stainless Talo New Vaquero in .45 ACP in trade for the old Vaquero, a shotgun, reloading setup, and a few other items. However, he got laid off so I gave it to him as an encouragement to quit smoking. He quit smoking, now he has the Vaquero. As a father, it was a good trade. I would've traded a whole crate, if I had them, to see him stop smoking. I'm very proud of him!

13. Sorry to hear about your son being out of work, I know that pain as I am too. Glad to hear you supported his efforts to quit smoking. :)

If he starts again tell him your going to take away his guns and charge him rent. ;)

14. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

My primary EDC is my Springfield SS loaded 1911 micro-compact. Upon occasion, when I need something a bit smaller, I carry my CZ 2075 RAMI (always condition 1 for both).

15. eddie368

eddie368

It depends on how I'm dressed mostly a MP40c or a para tac in .45 and if I'm in T-shirt a NAA in .22 mag.

16. Sigh

Sigh

Well, I recently switched out the Ruger SP101 in .357 magnum to a Talo Ruger New Vaquero birdshead grip, 3.75" barrel, .45 ACP, in stainless. After the cross draw holster and the long needed horsehide belt come in, I'll be selling the SP101 and other items to cover the switch.

I learned on single action and am most comfortable with it in revolvers. At the time that the SP101 was purchased, the LGS only had spurless hammer models so, after purchasing, I trade hammers with a member on another forum. When drawing the SP101 before the switch, I kept trying to cock it with my thumb! It was really messing me up since their was no way to cock it safely.

Anyway, this New Vaquero is pretty nice; the gunfighter grips are perfect and no moon clips as the ACP rounds headspace on the case mouth. :thumbs:

17. cableguy

cableguy

Glock 27 with 180gr speer golddots.

18. BigDawgFirearms

BigDawgFirearms

I prefer my EAA Limited Edition Witness 9mm or my CZ Off Duty 9mm. Always find good guns at Big Dawg Firearms & Supply at 6182 Chambersburg Road Huber Heights, OH 45424

19. NOT Rambo

NOT Rambo

I'm a Springer too. - The XD 45 or 45 Mil-Spec are my usual choices.

20. I am very happy with my Shield 9mm as an every day carry weapon. Easily concealed both IWB and OWB.