What did you reload today.

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by daniellawecki, June 23, 2014.

1. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    I loaded 38 specials with 158 gr SWC over 3.9 grs of 231. Slow day 300rds in about a hour & half. :flag:

2. What's the velocity with those settings?

AD

3. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Right at 840fps out of GP 100 Ruger 6" barrel. its 2/10 over max.

4. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    After going to Camp Perry again The reloading has started in full swing. The 38 special are first to reload then several other calibers. My first 1,000 primers are gone I'm thinking by the time it's all said and done 15,000 primers plus will meet their better half Mr. _Powder and Mrs. Bullet who is always flying off the handle at any given time. Some ammo has been loaded for several years and need some new friends to hang with. I also looked at a Springfield Range Officer The Price was $780.00 which was good for me. One more trip to Camp Perry and my shooting supplies should last a couple of years. So lets here about your reloading.

5. 1fowlhunter

1fowlhunter

Absolutely nothing, but I did manage to pick up some primers.

6. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    First I'll say sorry but if you are a Six Gunner you need to check WWW. Single Action.Com. David Bradshaw is a member and his knowledge is second to none. He helped with the .357 maximum Ruger and rubbed elbows with Bill Ruger. There's a thread on there listed as Bradshaw's Pics. Along with his loads and groups shot out to 200 yards. So I don't always plug another site but I'm a true handgunner and knowledge is a must. There are 427 members get some of your loads and your thoughts on the web site. Oldman - A Dulay Diesel and many others want to here from you about your guns and shooting. So enough about my RANT lets build a great web site together folks.:flag::banghead:

7. Haven't reloaded anything today,HAVEN'T RELOADED ANYTHING SINCE THE WINTER of 2012/2013.My plans to reload winter of 2013/2014 never happened as I spent all the time inventorying/organizing to reload. Haven't done any shooting since fall of 2013 with OGCJason at an Elyria/Amherst range. From the mid 70s' to mid 90s',I used to go twice a week to TRW(now called Crooked Creek) club range shooting 44M,38/357,9mm,17Rem,6mmRem,30-06. Hopefully this winter(once the Cedar Point season ends),I can get back to reloading and do some shooting at the range in Eastlake. I miss reloading and paper punching.

8. I haven't reloaded ANYTHING. At least not to date.

However, I'm accumulating brass. A lot of brass and I may eventually get the chance to at least try it in the future.

AD (n00b when it comes to anything related to reloading)

9. AD,what cases,9-40-45-38-357 ?,are you currently 'accumulating' for when you might possibly be reloading ?

10. All of them.

Of course the 9mm, 40, 45 and 38's are all in to mash up. I do have a guy locally who reloads 38spcl so I just give me all of that brass.

Surprisingly a LOT of 38 Super is in the buckets.

I'll probably wind up learning to reload on the 45's only.

AD

11. 50 rds of 38 special test loads 125 gr cast over 5.2 cfe pistol

And a butt load of 223 on the progressive

12. I seriously need to get more active about stocking some supplies while they can be found IF they can be found. I have plenty of powder and primers for .223 right now but I need to get some for my .308 and other pistol calibers.

Staying on topic here, last I loaded was 500 .223 for a trip home to shoot with dad.

13. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Yesterday it was ten rounds of 22k hornet shot four. The last round the case split all the way around and ejected the last 1/4''. Stuck case was removed at home with cleaning brush. That thin Hornet brass is getting old. I'll check the brass after resizing some today. Will check all brass and start looking for more brass.

14. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Today another 10 rounds 11 grains H110 bullet seated deeper. Hoping to ring this load out.

15. Now that Cedar Point is closed for the season(24 trips this year and ended the day yesterday with a Top Thrill Dragster rollback,1st one I ever had in 12 years of riding it),I can get back to reloading and maybe some shooting.

16. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Today on my first Saturday off in along time I'm going to reload. Starting with some .44Mag then to the .45Acp the goal is to reload about 500 to 800 rounds. Of coarse these will be cast bullets 250gr SWC and the 200gr SWC.

17. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Well one thousand CCI primers are gone and I haven't put a dent in my brass. I'm off at Christmas for two weeks so maybe I'll put a dent in my reloading.:)

18. Today it was .223 with Hornady brass, CCI 400 primers, 24.7 grs Hodgdon CFE223 rifle powder with Hornady 55 gr FMJ BT, .224" with cannalures.

Picked up a lb of Hodgdon Benchmark and gonna try that powder, too.

dogrtst

19. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Got off my a** today and knocked the dust off the reloading press. It's been awhile but loaded some .38 specials 158 SWC over 3.5 grains of Titegroup. Not a bad target load for paper and such but at least I'm reloading this year. :thumbs:

20. explain/define 'its been a while'.

for me it has been a very long time since. Haven't done any actual reloading since the winter of 2012/2013. Last winter 2013/2014 was organizing/inventorying. Winter of 2014/2015 I started to work on 38sp,acquired a SS pin wet tumbling system,tumbled the 38 brass and haven't done anything after that.

waiting to be reloading projects are;
    -38sp lead and jacketed
    -357M lead and jacketed
    -9mm lead and jacketed for pistols and AR
    -40S&W jacketed
    -10mm jacketed
    -41Mag jacketed
    -44sp lead and jacketed
    -44Mag Jacketed

-223 55fmjbt for AR
    -223 69hpbt for Rem700
    -300AAC for ? either Ruger Ranch or Rem700
    -35Rem for 2 Marlins

I've got everything I need,brass,primers,powder,bullets.

Last edited: July 13, 2015