went to Fin Fur Feather Berea today

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by oldman10mm, April 1, 2014.

1. Went to the FFF to get my $50 deposit on a firearm that they called me last week to come get the money as the firearm is no longer available. Renewed my ODNR range license with part of the $50. Got there about 6:30,place was a 'ghostown',3 customers at the firearms counters. Longarm racks were full,rifles,shotguns,ARs'. Handgun display cases were full. Ammo seemed well stocked,except for 22lr. Bullets and primers were well stocked. Powder was limited. Brass is starting to trickle in,but at frenzy pricing. 40S&W and 45acp were $18 per 50 pieces. Saw the rifle to replace the Savage 223 bolt I no longer have. A Rem 700 SPS tactical 223 20". Almost bought one at the Akron show but that one had a 16.5" barrel,I wanted the 20". Also saw a Charter Arms Bulldog 44special,1st one I've seen there as they don't last too long. Asked them if they carry bullet/lead casting equipment and even though I've never seen any there,I had to ask. No,but they said their Ashland store is usually well stocked in melting pots,ladles,Lee & Lyman molds. Gotta plan a trip down to there.

2. jakeball

jakeball

Ashland is always stocked, i like the wide selection they have. FFF IS opening another location in boardman, or so says my father who lives down that way. I really do like that store. Hope they keep up the good work.

Shoot Strait!

3. When my son and I would go to the fin feather and fur then we would go on out west a little further to Sportsmans den.
    Any one bin there.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

4. diesel

diesel

There was a Sportsmans Den in Austintown several years ago. I m not sure, being some 30 or so years ago, but I bought, I believe, a Glenfield semi-auto .22 there. Actually, that would have been in the 70's.
    Austintown is basically the west side of Youngstown.
    If what jakeball said, FFF in Boardman, that would be great:clap: as i'm only 10-15 minutes from there. Boardman is the extreme south of Youngstown, for anyone who cares.

Oh and BTW, that Glenfield (Marlin) was one of 6 guns stolen from my house in Youngstown while I was at work and the wife and kids were away. Six days before Chrismas, 1983.:cuss: :flag:

Last edited: April 2, 2014
  5. Boardman would be good,could go there when I go to the Canfield auto swap meets.

A FFF opened in Middleburg Heights/Berea,close to the popular/crowded Berea gun show. A FFF opened in North Canton,close to the Akron and Canton gun shows. A FFF opening in Boardman would put it close to the Niles gun show and near the dense populations of Warren,Niles,Youngstown,& Boardman.

Last edited: April 2, 2014
  6. jakeball

jakeball

7. thanks for the link.
    just east of rt7 on 224
    Canfield swap meet is close and Chiil's at rt 7 has cruise-ins on sat nites,at least they used to. A Quaker Steak & Lube is close too.
    Hope they're open the 1st weekend in May when the 1st Canfield swap meet is on.

8. diesel

diesel

Fantastic, Jake. That old Value City store is 10 minutes from my house. I live just 1/2 mile north of rt. 224.
    I must say this, that old V.C. store is HUGH. If the FFF fills that place, they'll have probably everything one could imagine.:thumbs:

Hey Oldman.....the new Dicks Sporting Goods is just a 1/4 mile west of that location, on the same side of the road. You might want to stop in there as well. They have a large selection of guns and accessories, however, their prices are fairly high.

Thanks for the info, Jakeball.:bow: :flag:

9. jakeball

jakeball

Yeah np diesel. FFF is one of my fav "chain" gun shops. Never had a problem. Ill be going there for my next pistol going for a home defense pistol from cz. Im liking the reviews of the new polymer pistols

Shoot Strait!

10. jakeball

jakeball

FFF is now advertising the boardman location on the sales paper ad. Im guessing its open.

Shoot Strait!

Last edited: April 3, 2014
  11. the FFF website shows opening soon.

12. Went to Middleburg Heights FFF today,Sunday. Powders,primers,and bullets are in better supply. Bought the Remington 700 SPS tactical HB 223 20" 1:9 Syn stock bolt action I was looking at there Tuesday.

13. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Congratulations on your purchase I sure hope powder comes back around here. There's plenty of primers but powder is hit or miss.

14. Don't know exactly which powder(s) you're seeking,FFF had quite a variety. 4 more months will be Camp Perry,FFF last year had their own building with 'walls' of powder,primers,bullets.

15. This is what I bought yesterday.
    Remington 700 SPS Tactical 223,20" Floated Heavy Barrel,Hogue Syn stock,adjustable trigger.
    Scope 4-16,rings,bases I already had from past Remingtons.
    One of my paracord Zombie Neon Green slings.

[​IMG]

now gotta wait for a decent day to go to the ODNR range.

16. Looks good. I like your sling.

RICHGCOOP

17. jakeball

jakeball

Boardman location is open. My father just went there today.

Shoot Strait!

18. jakeball

jakeball

Went to boardman store. Very nice place, bigger than middleburg heights. Very crowded took me roughly 8 min for someone to help me with a gun. Overall its a good place and holds to FFF style.

Shoot Strait!