• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Well it's doom and gloom for OH residents who hold PA CCWs

I am rewriting this because after my last attempt to submit, somehow I was no longer logged on!

Here is the latest on PA non-resident CCWs. It no longer a good deal. I just received my renewal notification in the form of a card from the Centre County Sheriff's Office that states:

As a courtesy, you are being notified by the Centre County Sheriff's Office that your PA License to Carry a Firearm (Protection Permit) will expire soon.

All Applicants Must Appear In Person.

You will need your current Driver's License with current address and $20 cash or check for the required Pennsylvania Instant Check System (PICS) background check and approval.

PA Non-Resident Permit Holders will also need to bring your Current Residential License to Carry!

You can visit our website at www.centrecountypa.gov

Centre County Sheriff's Office - 213 East High Street, Bellefonte, PA 16823

814-555-6803

MY GOOD DEAL JUST GOT EXPENSIVE AND TIME CONSUMING. Will have to drive from Columbus, Ohi to Bellefonte, PA. It's right near State College, smack in the middle of PA, a 400+ mile round-trip plus a couple of tanks of gas to boot. And they don't specify if the original $26 fee is still in play.

See you on the road!

dogrtst

Last edited:
Looks like PA is trying to discourage non-resident licenses. If I had a PA license, I'd be placing mine directly into the shredder at renewal time.

MY GOOD DEAL JUST GOT EXPENSIVE AND TIME CONSUMING. Will have to drive from Columbus, Ohi to Bellefonte, PA. It's right near State College, smack in the middle of PA, a 400+ mile round-trip plus a couple of tanks of gas to boot. And they don't specify if the original $26 fee is still in play.
Just happened to be in Bellefonte last week. The Sheriff's Office is pretty small. Walked in and told the receptionist that I wanted to renew my 3-year expired LTC. They could not locate any record of my previous LTC, so she said to fill out the application and mark it as new. Handed over the application, $20.00 my Ohio CHL and DL. Sat down for them to take a picture for the license.

They had me review the license, then laminated it.

Walked back to the car and noted that the timer on the parking meter ticked off 20 minutes. That's all it took.

As to the why I wanted my PA LTC renewed, I'm going to be spending some time in PA over the next year that this just removes that pesky School Safety Zone issue while there.

Edited to add: This was done after it was announced that OH and PA now honor each others license.

--
Mike

Last edited: