• As you can see i've updated to version 2 of the software which is a complete change from the old. I am working to get everything back to normal as fast as possible.

If you notice anything missing, strange or just plain out of sorts please let me know so I can address that. I've tried my best over the past few days to address most of what I see that needed fixing but I am 1 person.

If you are a member of ANY other sub groups and I have missed that PLEASE let me know and I will get that avatar and subgroup fixed ASAP.

Again, I thank you for your patronage and most of all your patience.

Sincerely,

Andy

Weaver scope

I just won the bid on a Weaver scope on e-bay. I saw 1 of them a year ago & didn’t buy it, what a dummy. The scope is a Weaver K3-60b with the rare target dot reticule. The target dots are hard to come by.

These are a sweet scope that has a classic look to them when they’re mounted correctly. I have a perfect rifle for that scope. I’ll post some pics after it gets installed on the rifle.

...........I have a perfect rifle for that scope. I’ll post some pics after it gets installed on the rifle.
So,..... we have to wait for the pic to see what rifle? Now, my curiosity is up:confused::)

Congratulations on finding/winning something you wanted on ebay. I never thought to look there for scopes. I like the old Weavers.

It will take a little while to get the scope & try different rings to see what works/looks the best.

I’ll post some pics when the rifle is setup & see what everyone thinks. I’m trying for the old school classic look.

I find myself being drawn back to these older classic scopes lately. The modern scopes are just getting too big, bulky & it’s hard to beat the clarity of the optics on these well made older scopes.

.........I find myself being drawn back to these older classic scopes lately.............
The nice thing about used scopes is that most people are leery of buying them. Buying a used scope is like buying used underwear to some people.

I have gotten some nice deals on used scops but haven't bought an old Weaver in a long time. Last "old" one I bought was a fixed six Bushnell COmmand Post and the Command Post still works.

I have couple K4's and really like them! For a deer rifle they can't be beat!
Jay
"mroliver?"

You "look" familiar.:)

Welcome! You just increased the membership by something like 20 or 25%.;)

Forrest r, you got me looking at those old Weavers now. I saw a couple 3Xs I would sure like to have on a rifle. I forgot about those. I like the compact scope and lower power they represent in that package. Not like I need one.....

Well the scope came in today so I put it on the classic fullstock to see what it looked like. Sweet!!! I love the look of the straight bodied scopes on the fullstock rifles. Nothing better than a classic scope on a classic rifle.

fsscoped.jpg

I ordered a set of rings for the scope already, they’re a lot thinner & will look more period correct.

That rifle points & shoots extremely well so it deserved a good quality scope. The small target dot weavers are had to find but it's a match made in heaven for this Anschutz FS from the 1950's. The rifle has the single set trigger, I almost bought a double set trigger for it the other day & decided that I didn't need it, I like the trigger just the way it is.

The rifle is a pre savage 1418 from the 50's.
junior varminter.jpg

Attachments