Weaver scope

Discussion in 'Accessories & Gear' started by forrest r, November 5, 2011.

1. forrest r

forrest r

I just won the bid on a Weaver scope on e-bay. I saw 1 of them a year ago & didn’t buy it, what a dummy. The scope is a Weaver K3-60b with the rare target dot reticule. The target dots are hard to come by.

These are a sweet scope that has a classic look to them when they’re mounted correctly. I have a perfect rifle for that scope. I’ll post some pics after it gets installed on the rifle.

2. Jeff H

Jeff H

Ohio
    So,..... we have to wait for the pic to see what rifle? Now, my curiosity is up:confused::)

Congratulations on finding/winning something you wanted on ebay. I never thought to look there for scopes. I like the old Weavers.

3. mroliver77

mroliver77

I have couple K4's and really like them! For a deer rifle they can't be beat!
    Jay

4. forrest r

forrest r

It will take a little while to get the scope & try different rings to see what works/looks the best.

I’ll post some pics when the rifle is setup & see what everyone thinks. I’m trying for the old school classic look.

I find myself being drawn back to these older classic scopes lately. The modern scopes are just getting too big, bulky & it’s hard to beat the clarity of the optics on these well made older scopes.

5. Jeff H

Jeff H

Ohio
    The nice thing about used scopes is that most people are leery of buying them. Buying a used scope is like buying used underwear to some people.

I have gotten some nice deals on used scops but haven't bought an old Weaver in a long time. Last "old" one I bought was a fixed six Bushnell COmmand Post and the Command Post still works.

6. Jeff H

Jeff H

Ohio
    "mroliver?"

You "look" familiar.:)

Welcome! You just increased the membership by something like 20 or 25%.;)

Forrest r, you got me looking at those old Weavers now. I saw a couple 3Xs I would sure like to have on a rifle. I forgot about those. I like the compact scope and lower power they represent in that package. Not like I need one.....

7. forrest r

forrest r

Well the scope came in today so I put it on the classic fullstock to see what it looked like. Sweet!!! I love the look of the straight bodied scopes on the fullstock rifles. Nothing better than a classic scope on a classic rifle.

fsscoped.jpg

I ordered a set of rings for the scope already, they’re a lot thinner & will look more period correct.

8. Jeff H

Jeff H

Ohio
    Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. VERY nice.

I may have to go back and look at what they have again.

9. forrest r

forrest r

That rifle points & shoots extremely well so it deserved a good quality scope. The small target dot weavers are had to find but it's a match made in heaven for this Anschutz FS from the 1950's. The rifle has the single set trigger, I almost bought a double set trigger for it the other day & decided that I didn't need it, I like the trigger just the way it is.

The rifle is a pre savage 1418 from the 50's.
    junior varminter.jpg

Attached Files: