Waaaa The search.........

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by MikeH121, December 13, 2012.

1. MikeH121

MikeH121

Stopped in Kyle's Gun Shop. AR 15's along the walls. They do not carry parts. Cheapest is a full STAG ready to go at 800+

They have 1 Stripped lower for 199.00

2 Assembled Lowers with stocks for 299.00 and 499.00. No Uppers no BCG's no bolts, lots of P-Mags and that is about it.

Why would a Gun Shop that "specializes" in AR's not carry parts?

Only the second time I have been in there, never again. They do not sell used except when they go to a gun show. Their prices are 50.00 higher then anywhere else. On pistols. I realized these guys are gun snobs. Kimber, Glock, Wilson. Knights Armament, Colt.....if it ain't expensive they ain't got it.

The search for Uppers continues. Sold out here, sold out there.

Waaaaaa:cry:

2. Since you guys posted that black rifle thread I have been chomping at the bit to try my hand at building one. I have been having a hard time finding in stick parts as well.

3. MikeH121

MikeH121

At least find a local shop and get a Lower. We can help with the build or there is sooooo much info and vids to help.

The uppers and all can be found at a price. Completed uppers not so much at this time. Christmas + election = low inventory.

I started with the Stripped lower. Few days later got the parts kit. Have been picking up 30 rd mags. Got the stock. No the upper, barrel etc......

It is the Male Adult Lego set, or erector set or evil dangerous barbie accessorizing for guys. :lol:

At a Surplus store today, they see a lot of Cops and Military, picked up a couple GI 5.56 30 rd mags.....he said he has been hearing from Cops the ATF may be told to start poss reclassifying AR's and such into Class 3. It is running thru the rumor mill at the moment, would not put it past the Bum in the WH.

Last edited: December 13, 2012
  4. rjrivero

rjrivero

We can't keep our stock up either. Just too much demand. I don't expect this to get any better until after the tax return season, if the current trend continues.