visited Gander Mountain and Fin Fur Feather

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by oldman10mm, April 7, 2013.

1. Went yesterday, April 6 ,to Gander Mountain in Mentor. No reason, just to see what's going on. Not many customers, plenty of conventional longarms and handguns. No ammo, 223/5.56, 308/7.62, 9mm, & other handgun ammo,no ammo. A Stoeger 9mm Cougar for $449 caught my eye, but I have good resistance to temptation.
    Went today, April 7, to Fin Fur Feather in Berea. Plenty of guns, even ARs'. Plenty of customers, lots of paperwork being filled out. Didn't look at AR prices. No ammo, brass, primers, powder, bullets. A CZ 75B SS satin 9mm for $650 looked good. It's still there. Bought a ODNR public range shooting license for $24 for the calendar year, now I'm ready to go to the ODNR Grand River Class A range. Now what to take there now that the weather has finally improved to where it should be. Got 3 ARs' (5.56,7.62,9mm) and 2 bolts(223 & 308) tha need their first rounds put thru them. Gotta dust off and check the function of the chronograph.

2. I love Fin Feather Fur. I try and get there a few times a year for a stock up on reloading supplies but it sounds like it would be a wasted trip at this point.

3. Back in February at FFF in Berea,I asked them since the Berea store is low/out in the ammo and reloading components,would the main store in Ashland not be low/out. They said whatever shipments come in is divided among the 3 stores.
    A February post in the Smith & Wesson forum site said the shelves were bare down in Ashland.

Ohio Folks are lucky!

Last edited: April 8, 2013
  4. Being that components are in short supply,if a member needs something,post up. I might have what you need at what I paid for the 'stuff'.
    I carry components when I go to the stores and Sunday,when at FFF and saw someone looking at the primer area,asked what he's looking for and sold a brick of primers.

5. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Gander Mountain On Holland Sylvania turn the store into a gun super store. They have the Big Wigs going to that location they stocking 750 guns before noon. They will have ammo there and in a few days or next week the reloading stuff will fellow. All fishing stuff is gone along with other stuff. This will be a gun super store.:)

Last edited: April 10, 2013
  6. that's 150 miles(one way) for me. future ROAD TRIP. maybe saturday June 1 when I go to Michigan for a car event,I always take rt.23.

7. I finally have a reason to go to that store again. :D

I used to buy my reloading supplies there before they went stupid.

8. Let me know and perhaps we can meet for lunch. :)

9. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Went to Gander this morning thinking about a new gun I,m down to three. #1 500S&W #2 45/70 BFR #3 9mm M&P. Lets hear some your thoughts on this.

10. not enough info from you
    -why a 500 S&W
    -why a 45/70 BFR
    -why a 9mm M&P

your own thoughts about why those 3 first

11. What are you planning on doing with the eventual purchase?

Elephant hunting? Personal self-defence carry? Wall decoration?

Buy the gun for the intended purpose.

AD

12. MikeH121

MikeH121

13. diesel

diesel

Being a revolver guy, and i believe you said you were also, i'd go for the Smith. I don't know what you plan to use it for, but i think it would be a great close range deer gun.
    At the end of the day, YOU need to decide which will make you the happiest.
    Good luck.:flag:

14. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    We,ll I,m going to target shoot this gun weekly. My 250gr swc 310wfn in 44mag are prefected so I want to move on to something new. The S&W 500 is 1st on my list. I have 3 s&w now. Last hunted in the 80's but I,m thinking of getting back into it. Thinking of hunting pigs next fall on a pay ranch here in Ohio.

15. diesel

diesel

I have three smiths as well, two in .357, one .44mag. Also have a ruger in.44mag. and one .45LC. I'd love to kill a pig with my LC, maybe we can hook up and go together. I'm also going to kill an elk in Pa. this year on my sons dime. Looking forward to up coming hunting seasons.:D :flag:

16. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Diesel I have 629 44mag &1955 45auto rim 45acp combo & 22lr j frame kit gun.& 44 101/2 super blackhawk These are just a few. Oneday I,ll pm you what I have. Maybe we could hookup for a hunt.:cool::flag:

17. diesel

diesel

Sounds great, Daniel!:flag: