Victory: Assault Weapons Ban Not to Be Included in Senate Gun Control Package

Discussion in 'News, Headlines and Information' started by whitewolf68, March 19, 2013.

1. Senator Dianne Feinstein conceded Monday the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 will not be part of the Senate gun control package slated to reach the floor in April.

Politico gave the overview:

After a meeting with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Monday, a frustrated Feinstein said she learned that the bill she sponsored — which bans 157 different models of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines — wouldn’t be part of a Democratic gun bill to be offered on the Senate floor. Instead, it can be offered as an amendment. But its exclusion from the package makes what was already an uphill battle an almost certain defeat.

The ban is supported by more than a dozen Senate Democrats and the White House, as well as gun-control groups.

Victory: Assault Weapons Ban Not to Be Included in Senate Gun Control Package | Independent Journal Review

2. rjrivero

rjrivero

Careful claiming victory. The "Trojan Horse" surrender is designed to deflate the guard of the 2nd Amendment Guardians. This is not the end but only the beginning of a more clandestine attack on the 2nd.

A Trojan Horse Surrender on MSR Ban | NSSF Blog

3. Very true RJ. I have not dropped my guard yet not have I love hope either. :)

I know there are other avenues that they can go down in there efforts to affect or rights or ownership, taxation be one of those ways.

4. 50 less than 60

As part of the base bill it would require 60 votes to pass and would compromise the entire bill. Being offered as an amendment to the base bill it would only take 50 votes to be added which give it a better chance of being added and yet would not compromise the base bill.
    Tactics don't only apply to military/police actions and can cost you more in the long run.

We all must be vigilant and prepared to stand out ground.