Upper arrived WOO HOO

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by MikeH121, December 24, 2012.

1. MikeH121

MikeH121

The Upper arrived. Got me bonus, got a tip doing a lock job, got my Honey baked ham, Got me an M16 Bayonet (we sell knives) and UPS brought me the upper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fit like a glove...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the red dot scope mounted just because....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still need some parts but its coming along.

2. Making me jealous and anxious again. :D

3. MikeH121

MikeH121

That's okay Wolf....I sat here and cut foam and all the pieces so far are in a briefcase I have had for years. For mags on the lid, had to use Paracord and the rest in the bottom. I took pics will stick them up sometime tomorrow.

Merry Christmas, Santa was good to me today. With my bonus and my tip today, 3/4 of what I got was made back.

Plus I got half a honey baked ham to eat. :D We get one every year. And then besides our taxed bonus in the checks we get cash in the cards.

That Upper though Fit perfectly, tight but not cramming in. I am very Happy with MidwayUSA, I will stay away from CTD they are worthless. MidWay and Brownells.

4. Sounds like a nice build on the briefcase there too...

I love honey baked ham as well and they are not cheap but VERY good eating.

Glad your upper fit well. What was the manufacturer of it? I am looking at Daniel Defense and Yankee Hill right now at just under $100 for the stripped lower at MidwayUSA.

I hope that Santa will bring me a Glock 30 this year. :D

5. MikeH121

MikeH121

DPMS Oracle upper The sight went right on. MagPul is now going to make 10 rounders avail in Feb.

The boss always gets Honey Baked The store is actually about 2 blocks from my house :D I can see it from my back door.

The case is an old leather briefcase with combo lock got it at goodwill 5 years ago for 10 bucks, it has a leather 3 file expanding insert and a leather snap on writing surface that covers the bottom half. The only thing wrong with it is the embossed gold initials. LBM. I used hard foam and cut out the shapes. Corner to corner I got more than 19 inches so I could probably even fit the barrel.:D

We will see.

6. diesel

diesel

LBM....Lead Bearing Motivator.:flag:

7. MikeH121

MikeH121

Here is the briefcase

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

WOW Mike!! That is a really nice looking setup. How are you cutting the foam, some sort of heat knife?

9. MikeH121

MikeH121

Nice little razor knives. It is a harder (soft) foam. So it is pliable but stiff. There is one full block beneath all parts in the bottom, then 2 stacked that are cut out. So when I get a barrel I can remove the bottom layer drop eveything down and set the barrel in corner to corner. 16" barrel would fit fine.

May change out the top with the mags 2 layers bottom mags top blank. but for now it just keeps everything in one place.

10. I was scanning the Midway USA website checking on my order which has been moved further back for a shipping date to April 7th, 2013. I noticed they had an AO Precision upper in stock for $109.00. I jumped ALL OVER that one and got it ordered for $115 shipped.

I is a happy camper now I need to watch for the AO Precision BCG they have coming on January 31st hopefully. :)

11. MikeH121

MikeH121

My carrying handle and front sight, both detachable shipped from Amazon.

My Osprey Gas piston from Brownells has not yet, But it is the BCG, the piston the Handguards and front rail, (which will be where the detach sight goes.)

I will have the lower complete, the upper with BCG just looking for a barrel now. But then if things calm down will get a reg BCG just to have one, the Gas piston should work for a lotta rounds. It has a chamfered rear on the BCG and shorter gas key, the chamfer is because the pivot point on the BCG is farther back putting downward pressure on the back end. DI slides straight back.

Military Arms Channel has an Osprey installed in a Windham Weaponry AR and has noticed a wear on the finish only after a few 1000 rds right near the buffer retainer. But no noticable depressions.

Plus he froze it and it still fired with ice inside it.

12. Very nice. I wish I had the cash available for the setup you have coming from Brownells. :(

Now your making me jealous again. :banghead: I suppose a standard AR gas system is better then no AR.