The number of tags you tried to add exceeded the maximum number of tags by 2.

Discussion in 'Board Issues, Errors & Help' started by Sigh, February 18, 2012.

1. Sigh

Sigh

I'm trying to post a news story over in News, Headlines and information but I keep getting the error, "The number of tags you tried to add exceeded the maximum number of tags by 2." This error persists even if I delete the two URL tags.

2. Sigh

Sigh

I even removed all tags in another instance. It still erred. I removed quotes from the subject and it started working. I re-entered quotes and it finally worked. Lastly, I copy & pasted into a new instance and it worked. However, it hadn't worked in like 3 or so instances before.

Weird!

3. Sigh

Sigh

Added a comma in the subject and got the following error:

4. Sigh

Sigh

I can't get it to work with even new posts and no tags. Dunno...

Something is hosed.

5. I am so sorry Sigh. I am looking into it right now. I am not sure what the problem is to be quite honest. I've never seen that happen before. Are you posting URL's?

6. Sigh

Sigh

I PMed back. No need to be sorry. This is a new setup so their is bound to be bugs! :cool:

Later, I'll maybe try a few things with IE and different computers. I don't think that will make a difference.

It seems kinda inconsistent so it might be a passing glitch. It is only happening with preview so that could be throwing some extra tags or something.

7. I know that I still get random errors even on well established boards but I still what my members to have a good experience here with out problems.

Please let me know the outcome of other browsers. I use chrome and usually do not have any problems but occasionally I get a random one.

8. Sigh

Sigh

Just got that error again... I was trying to post about the SW Ohio Meet & Greet. I had a manual Quote tag and a board inserted URL tag. I tried removing them and the error persisted.

9. Sigh

Sigh

Well, that was weird. I went back, made a new post, typed it all in plain text, and it tagged the url automatically in preview like normal. So, I went back in and added the manual quote tags. It posted a-ok. Strange. lol

Next time, instead of using the URL link, I'll try to remember to just let it tag URLs on first preview. Then I'll edit the post to clean it up. I'm guessing that it's getting messed up between trying to has the post with preview and AutoSave. That's just a guess. No fix needed, it'll present the reasons eventually, I reckon.

Last edited: June 3, 2012