Teaching the truth will cost you, Illinois, duh!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by dogshawred, September 16, 2013.

1. High School Teacher Punished for Informing Students of Their Fifth Amendment Right
    ~
    High School Teacher Punished for Informing Students of Their Fifth Amendment Right | Video | TheBlaze.com
    ~
    http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/teacher1-620x348.jpg
    ~
    Illinois high school teacher John Dryden has been reprimanded and docked a day’s pay after informing his students of their Constitutional rights before administering a school-mandated survey about “at-risk behavior.†:banghead:
    Dryden, a social studies teacher at Batvia High School in Batvia, Ill., reportedly told students that they had a Fifth Amendment right not to “incriminate†themselves in the questionnaire. The mandatory survey quizzed students about various at-risk behavior, including past drug, tobacco and alcohol use.
    “I advised my students that they had a Fifth Amendment right not incriminate themselves,†the teacher told the Kane County Chronicle. “It was not my intention for them not to take the survey.â€
    ~
    I doubt this an isolated incident and occurs more often than not, but is getting publicity because of the public support he is getting for his actions. Teachers are more at risk just for doing their jobs than they think. Especially if they are dealing with extreme liberal school boards that have in their minds to reinvent history and law.
    ~
    Teachers need to be allowed to teach students the truth and allow them to decide what they wish to do with that truth as they become adults. This is what we owe our children, it may not be pretty, it may not be just like what we want for ourselves but is the truth. Some one once said "the truth will set you free". I wonder where they lived, not in America today.