Stolen Guns?

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by gonfishn, July 1, 2015.

1. gonfishn

gonfishn

Got to thinking the other day. I've purchased some guns on the net and something's always bothered me - ARE THEY STOLEN? Course if they were I know I'd have to return them or face RSP charges BUT with all the falderal over gun control etc., why isn't there a place for the common ordinary Joe to go check by serial number whether a gun they're thinking of buying is stolen? Right now it's all local and if one's lucky, stolen guns are reported to the states databases and sometimes, mostly not, they get into the national crime information database but "we" have no access to that. I'd think that gun dealers would also welcome the ability to check their stock of used weapons as well.

2. If there was a data base for all to use and that site required a Model/SN type in,would you use it,I wouldn't. If it was stolen,don't you think they have the ability to track down the source/web address to confiscate if it was stolen and then you lose it and you're out the funds you used to acquire it. I doubt such a database would just list all stolen guns.

3. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    By the time a person gets a certain age he can read people pretty well. If I have a gut feeling about anything I back away and pass on a deal. So my data base is all ready in place in thirty years it's worked just fine.