Springfield XD Sight Adjustment

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Noel, September 9, 2012.

1. Noel

Noel

Does anyone know how to adjust the rear sights on an XD pistol without buying a 4 billion dollar piece of equipment? I have looked on Google, but you know after the fifth page of search results, you're basically scraping the bottom of the bin.

Seems like every thread I find on adjusting the sights, everyone wants to blame the shooter, not the equipment, and the question never gets answered.

2. Personally Noel I had one set replaced with night sights but that had to be done by Clelands gunsmith. I would recommend you try RJ or Steve at Adco and see what they say. RJ can probably tell you if they can do it for you as he is a member of this forum.

IF you REALLY wanna try it yourself a wooden dowel and a hammer are your friends but I would not want to try it myself.

Last edited: September 9, 2012
  3. MikeH121

MikeH121

4. Noel

Noel

Not tossing around, but the darn thing is off. I have my laser bore sighter and it's off to the left no doubt.

5. udbrky

udbrky

Just get night sights installed and it kills 2 birds with one stone.

Check out www.xd-hs2000.com - the people on xdtalk say he's the best and cheapest. If you buy the night sights (iirc, about $125-130, cheaper than other places I checked), he installs it for free, takes about a week-10 days to get your barrel back.

6. I put night sights on my XD-40 I cannot tell you how much they charged me way back when but always worth having a pro take care of it for you. ;)