Skeet shooting finally...

Discussion in 'Shooting Sports' started by whitewolf68, March 20, 2012.

1. Finally got to go skeet shooting with my Dad today. Boy was it nice. Been 25 years since I fired a 12ga and it was not bad at all.

We did not shoot a lot of the 12ga because he was having issues breathing due to a heart condition but what we did was really fun. I did better then I thought I would. Probably about 50-60% hit for my first time ever.

We then went and did some random shooting as well with rifles. 9mm carbine, ar-15 and of course I shot the 12ga some more. Over all a really pleasant day with my father. So glad we had the day together. :)

2. 12 ga shotgun = $750.
    Case of ammo and clays = $100.

A day out shooting with your Dad = priceless.

Enjoy it now. You'll really appreciate it later.

AD

3. Your 100% correct AD. That day was priceless to me. :)

4. All,

The group of "old timers" that invited me to shoot trap with them a month or so ago asked me to go out with them again on Tuesday. Very cool!

Well, while running through our batches of six shots at a time, I somehow managed to run 24 straight!

The next time up EVERYBODY knew it was #25 for me with the first clay sent out from the wobble machine.

It was a fast mover and way left but I just picked a piece of it for my first 25 in a row!

Woo-Hoo!

40 years of shotgun shooting in spurts and starts and I finally shot a string of 25 in a row.

Of course all of these guys I'm shooting with have patches with 25's, 50's and a few 100 in a row's. Way out of my class, but I finally accomplished the 25 string.

Of course, these guys also come up with games, especially seeing as how they rarely miss and that can get a bit stale, especially if it's just fun shooting.

So now the big thing is to wait until the clay gets all the way out and is starting to fall and THEN you shoot it. They call it "Long Range Trap".

Wow. Much harder than I would have thought. I got 3 out of 10 but I'll be giving it more time the next time we go out!!

AD

5. Sounds like you had a great time trap shooting AD. I know the couple of times I have was pure enjoyment.

Running 25 in a row is AWESOME! Especially since it's been awhile since you've shot. I suspect soon you'll have your 50 patch and upwards. :)

I wish there was a group around here I could shoot with and not worry about the whole competition thing. My club is all old timers with expensive shotguns and all serious all the time.

Hopefully I will have a chance to trap shoot again soon but dad is not doing well enough to really work the launcher.

6. diesel

diesel

25 across!! You are the target master. LOL ever try sporting clays? It is by far my favorite form of shotgun shooting(other than actually hunting waterfowl, that is.)