Sig Sauer

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by daniellawecki, May 6, 2014.

1. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Have any of you had trouble with Sigs. 1911 Ultra two tone today had the spring plunger housing fail the spring came thru the front of it. We were shooting factory Winchester 230gr hardball ammo. This gun has less then 500 rounds thru it. It will be sent to the factory for repair. :banghead::cry:

2. Couldn't direct you to specific forums threads I've seen BUT seems like problems are on the increase. I have a Sig Mosquito 22LR which is notorious for problems but I haven't fired it yet in the 3 years I've had it.

3. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    My friend Doug has a Mosquito in 22lr no problems yet. It sucks when you spend a thousand dollars plus and the gun is 2 weeks old.

4. This is the first I've ever really heard of any problems with Sig. I've never handled their 1911's, but I own one of their AR's and have shot a lot of their 556 rifles and their p226 handgun... I've never had a hiccup out of any sig I've fired. Either you got one of their screw ups, or 1911's just aren't their strong point...

5. WOW! I have not heard of too many problems with Sig's either that is surprising to say the least. I have heard that they have GREAT customer service though. Good luck sir and keep us updated what they say and or do to rectify the problem.