shooting

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by daniellawecki, May 8, 2013.

1. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    How many rounds or times does everyone shoot. i shoot 3-4 times per week 400rds. 22 22k 45acp 44mag.:p

2. WOW! I cannot even afford to go to the range let alone shoot that much. When I do go it's usually a couple hundred of 9mm, 100 or so of 45acp and various quantities of .223.

3. Where do you get that much ammo?

4. My main shooting is the Monday night IDPA gig. Less than 100 rounds including warmups and goofing off before the actual match.

AD

5. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    JJ Wesley I,m a reloader for one thing shooting cast bullets only jacket bullets are for 22k hornet.

6. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Today is the 3rd saturday of the month I,m waiting to shoot it,s 6:44 am. The 100yrd range is open for handgunners and I,m the one. The 10 1/2 sbh will there the 14'' contender 357 ruger gp100 6'' and a couple of my other guns. The new never been shot 41 mag is waiting for brass this gun left the factory in 2007. This 4th I,m that the grandkids out to the range to shoot. Colt that I own it,s a 1876 blackpowder 45 colt this gun let the factory the same year and close to the date of the Little Bighorn battle. I,m looking forward to shooting a piece of history a 100 plus year old revolver. While I,m thinking dont for get the National Matches at Camp Perry there will be gun deals and primers and powder Champion Choice or Shooters can,t remenber the name but good people look at the Camp Perry web page for starting dates get therE 2 days ahead of time on manufactures roll. I,m done:flag:

Last edited: June 16, 2013
  7. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

I generally go to the range twice per week and until recently, typically went through 400+ rounds per week (mixture of .22s, 9s & .45s). With the recent pressures on supply and price, while I still go twice per week, I've found some creative ways to reduce my ammo consumption by about 25-30% and still enjoy my time. I had posted my thoughts (for what they are worth :p) a few weeks ago in this thread

8. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    I found this on line try this link http;/www.hsoi.com/resources/correction-chart.gif This will give you a printable target to help you become a better shooter. Andy please post this link some were for are members.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  9. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Yesterday I took My 22 Hunter with Bushnell Red Dot to the club. Well to my surprise this thing can shoot some nice groups at 100yrds. Standard CCI ammo the targets bullseye is 3'' Dia. My first group was right of dead center about 3" elevation was fine I put 2 shots about 1" apart the next 2 were 2'' lower. The Thursdays Action Pistol guys were all there they were all telling Howard the boy can shoot. Since the Doctor gave Me more Meds My eye sight has become clearer less headaches. Earlier in the week I shot the 41Mag I've working on. It's a winner the trigger is smooth trigger pull 1 1/2 lbs. I'll put custom grips on and it's winner winner chicken dinner.:rofl:

10. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Well it's fathers day and breakfast is over. It's 9:40 and I will head off to the range real soon. What are your plans? Well all of you have a safe and wonderful Fathers Day.:):flag:

11. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

I use to go once a week and go thru a box of 9 and maybe 200 22. With this darn frozen shoulder, I go maybe once a month to keep on one-handed but is about it. Even shooting with the right-hand kills the left shoulder.

12. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Yesterday a little 100 yard shooting with the .22 handguns. Still not bad for not shooting a lot this year.

13. Ran another 100 rounds through the new Glock 41.

Added the (included) beavertail backstrap to it and FINALLY got a decent grip on it so I can work to stop the trigger induced (by me) left twitch at the trigger break.

Was dry firing most of the night in bed at the TV until I fell asleep with raw hands but I've got that front sight all settled down now. (Wife was sleeping in the other room evidently due to some type of death bed sickness that has creeped up this week).

Should get back out there today to confirm the "fix" but my left hand is still sore from working on that weak hand power grip.

However, I'll be a trooper and get back out there later this afternoon to confirm that the trigger finger is now acting correctly and nothing is moving left "up front".

AD

14. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Shooting and reloading have been on the back burner. No I didn't give up the on it. I'm doing a lot of things at home and with my wife. As my life has taking a big turn with the wife's illness. When the leaves start changing colors we will be in the Cleveland area for a train ride. :flag:

15. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Two days of shooting finely with two long time friends. I took three revolvers and a 1911 then home to deep fry some yellow perch. Well I still have it but I really miss not shooting several times a week.

16. tom

tom

The way perch fishing has been this year on Lake Erie (except the Islands), did you get the perch at Giant Eagle? LOL

17. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Hell no if you lived here all your life you know where they are. And me and my friends have been fishing these waters for forty years.

18. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Shooting today two 1911s on 9/11 I thought this is appropriate. The AR who has been in the dark inside the safe is going along with the Remington 760 Game Master in 30/06 among others.

19. Put the Glock 41 up against the 1911 crowd on Monday.

Took second place and lost out to a Master level shooter.

I can live with that. :D

AD