• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

shooting how often

Well today is Sunday I'm going to Church. The Church of Southern Michigan Sportsman Club. I'll take some rifles today two Ruger 10/22 s, a Winchester DPMS and a couple of .22 handguns and the Ruger GP 100 and .38 special loads. But what .22 handguns is still in the air till I walk to the safe. :thumbs::flag: Ps Post your shooting if you made it out today and what.

Well today is Sunday I'm going to Church. The Church of Southern Michigan Sportsman Club. I'll take some rifles today two Ruger 10/22 s, a Winchester DPMS and a couple of .22 handguns and the Ruger GP 100 and .38 special loads. But what .22 handguns is still in the air till I walk to the safe. :thumbs::flag: Ps Post your shooting if you made it out today and what.
Do you hear an Amen Brother :lol:. I got out both Thursday and yesterday to send some lead down range. Both were strictly pistol days featuring the following: GSG 1911-22, MKIII512, CZ 75b, SR1911 CMD, P95, P345, CZ 2075 RAMI and Springfield 1911 Micro-compact. Lots of cleaning when I finished :).

Going to shooting tomorrow with the .44 in the avatar loaded with imr 4227 250 cast bullet. It's been almost a week since I last shot so rain or shine I'm going.

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Well, I did something I rarely do. I shot up 150 rounds of 9mm ammo that I collected off the range over the last several months.

Normally this would be a big "no-no" as a lot of that ammo is reloaded by the guys shooting and I don't know how good they are. But then I can reason that this ammo comes from guys who are shooting USPSA, Steel, 3-Gun and things like that so it can't be all that bad. We don't get just 'open public shooters" at the range.

However, with me putting the Glock 26 into my normal carry rotation, I HAD TO MAKE SURE it was going to function perfectly, 100% of the time and that's how I do it!

There was all kinds of stuff in there. I did pull out the obvious lead bullets that a few guys use, but everything else got loaded up and used, including a small batch of identical 9mm rounds, all with a light primer strike on them! Whoever that was, was having a bad day for sure as when I picked those up a long time ago, it was all on the same day so he was not having a good day at all.

The bottom line was that every single one of those rounds (150) fired with no problems at all. It's always interesting shooting a lot of different bullets, weights, powders and the like. Obviously some of those guys are loading up some really powderpuff bullets for sure.

The Glock 26 is cleaned, lightly lubed and has been cleared for daily carry using my regular carry round which happens to be the Winchester PDX1, 147g JHP.

I'm ready to run and gun the G26 tomorrow night. Let's see how many fake 1911's it can take on!!

AD (a 9mm 1911 is a fake 1911 no matter what they want to call it)

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
I did send a few down range with my 10/22 before chasing squirrels yesterday. My little Ruger is the only .22, other than my .22 revo that will fire those cheap-ass Remington Thunderbolts. My Smith .22 Target auto will not fire 3 times in a row with those damn Remy's.
Today, i'm tote'n my Remy .22 mag. I've only had it a few months and I've yet to hunt with it. It's sighted in(a true tack-driver)so I hope to get some action.:D:flag:

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
AD,

I always worried about using reloads in Glocks. I know, I know the old stories about that but I have seen first hand the Glocked brass. It bulges at the base of the webbing there, that's one of the reason I love my Springfields so much is that they have a fully supported case.

Glock even says not to use reloads in there firearms. I was also told that when I bought my Model 30.

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
AD,

I always worried about using reloads in Glocks. I know, I know the old stories about that but I have seen first hand the Glocked brass. It bulges at the base of the webbing there, that's one of the reason I love my Springfields so much is that they have a fully supported case.

Glock even says not to use reloads in there firearms. I was also told that when I bought my Model 30.
Glock says that on all their firearms. Standard disclaimer.

Just for the record, 99% of my ammunition that gets shot is factory reloads. My friends who do their own reloads and about 2 million other reloaders seem to do just fine with their ammunition.

Obviously there will be some people who are "experimenting" and trying odd setups for their ammo and I would expect some of those would go "boom" from time to time. None of my friends (or anybody I know) loads over the SAMMI specs and most of them are under the standard factory loading.

Like I had mentioned early in the post, I would normally NEVER use those picked up catridges from the range but this was a TEST firing for complete functionality using all types of random loads. Now I can go back to factory loads from American Eagle, Freedom Munitions and Georgia Arms.

I have no problems at all shooting factory reloads through any of the Glocks.

Of course, I do make a visual check of the batches as I load them up. A simple drop of the 50 round box on a table will immediately show any "out of spec" bullets. In all these years, I've only actually pulled THREE rounds out of the thousnads and thousands of reloads that show up at my door step! I keep them on the shelf as a souvenir and decoration!

AD

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Not saying that Glocks and reloads are dangerous in any way shape or form. I know from my own firing test and various smith that Glock does not provide full case support. Now with that in mind I just wonder about using "Glocked" brass and how many times you can fire it before the webbing becomes weak. Yes granted they all will over time that's a given, I just worry about those types of things personally.

I firmly believe you're 100% right about people experimenting with loads as well and probably where the whole wives tale started. Like you I ALWAYS inspect my reloads thoroughly for any problems. and I usually will pull every 5th load to ensure consistent powder charge, proper seating depth and crimp. Guess I am just paranoid if you will but I take safety VERY personal and do not want myself or anyone else to go boom from a bad round I made.

Anyhow, I know I am straying here but if I recall now pretty much ALL manufacturers state to not use reloaded ammo in their firearms. :D:rolleyes:

As a side note I ALWAYS carry with factory rounds for safety in more than 1 way. If you use reloaded ammo the prosecutor will have a hayday with it stating all kinds of things like "he was looking to kill someone with his reloaded ammo and made it personal in doing so." That's one of them I've heard before, hence the reason for the factory rounds and reloads for practice. ;)

Anyhow I lost my way in this thread so off I go...

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Both of the guys I know who reload a lot always use a type of brass case sizer before reloading. It ensures the base of the 9mm brass is "correct" and not bulged.

They've showed me the brass before and after and it's pretty obvious, even without the sizing roller.

And for the record, I do NOT reload myself. All of my ammo is factory reloads or factory new, whichever is on sale that week when I go to purchase the bulk order.

AD

Use the Lee case bulge die and your brass will be fine up to 7 reloads I know for fact. You can shoot cast bullets but you have to clean the gun more often. All this I tell you as facts not bullshit you read about from people who don't know shit about reloading. I've been reloading since 1979 and shooting a lot of ammo since then. I shot small groups all the time and can rapid fire with the best of them. AS STATED BEFORE I'm A SHOOTING MACHINE.

Well after working 10 hours a day and a few weekends it's shooting time again. I took the weekend off so I'll shoot several times today and tomorrow.

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Hmmm, what do you do with ALL your brass?? o_O
Well, the Monday night shoot brass gets scarfed up by the range chickens after the match. I jokingly tell them to leave "my" brass (the 45 stuff) on my bike and I'll make sure the scores come out at a civilized time. Of course I never see any of it.

If I'm just out and about by myself, I'll pick up the stuff in the easy piles and toss it in the 5 gal buckets in the garage. When I order a big load online, they accept brass at $2.25 a pound so I fill up a USPS Priority Mail box with 40 lbs of brass and they give me $87 or so in credit on my order. It's a win-win for me. Send in 160 lbs or so and it really cuts the price down nicely.

I get money back and I get the much needed exercise picking up brass on Sunday afternoon. If some of my buddies need brass for an emergency load, I just give them what they need. It's all good. I've got one guy in the neighborhood who reloads 38Spcl only. I usually just give him all of that when I have it.

In the process I've also picked up about 600 live rounds of various calibers, mostly 9mm from the USPSA guys who fling live ammo like there's no tomorrow. Good ammo for testing a new gun to see if it will choke on anything.

It's also odd that depending on what group is shooting, the brass is so different. Some days it's nothing but 9mm and some 38 Super. Some nights it's almost entirely 40 S&W which almost makes no sense at all. If the police were shooting there's a lot of .223 and .556 brass all over the place. Lots of 45ACP on those days too.

Today who would have thought shooting the 1st day of November in a t-shirt. Guns of choice Ruger Hunter , Taurus 8 shot revolver, High Standard Sport King, and a Remington Model 514 single shot rifle. You may have guessed it was a .22 day. Did any one else make it out?

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
If it was Sunday, I was out! Gotta get "warmed up" for the Monday shoot!

Worked on forward movement from 20 yards into 10 yards while engaging two targets.

Strong hand and weak hand from 15 yards. Freestyle head shots at 15 yards.

And to finish off, two magazines through the AR-15 and iron sights at 50 yards and in.

Monday is is the 45 challenge against my guys.

If the 9 year old girl beats me with her M&P 22, I may go back to shuffleboard.

AD

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Shot the S&W Mod. 60 .357 and ran a few through my Rem. 1911.
Felt great, first time I got to shoot in quite a while.:):flag:

Don't feel to bad about not shooting. You still have time this weekend I'm working 1/2 days and helping a friend rough in a room addition after getting off work. So my addiction to feed my guns lead is not going to happen. And my .44 shooting this year is really lacking so as my Holliday tradition continues at 9:00 am Thanksgiving day I'll shoot rain or shine.:flag::)