• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

shooting how often

Well its Sunday weather is awesome now to head to the safe. As I think about it there are many choices to be made. Revolvers -autoloaders or something like maybe a rifle. Hell put the back seat down and take as many as possible. So today I'll start with 1911s then the .44s then .22s then the .45LC and the Ar not going with any blackpowder guns or revolvers.:flag:

Yesterdays shooting guns were Ruger Hunter with red dot - High Standard - Ruger 10/22 with Weaver K3 scope Ruger GP 100 and Colt 1911 with Bomar adjustable sights and last DPMS .223 with Burris BDC scope. The .44'S stayed home to far back in the safe.:flag::thumbs:

Reloaded some 22K hornet just now going to the club to shoot. This load is 10grains of H110 over a Winchester small pistol primer top off with a 50 grain Hornady bullet. This will be a test I haven't loaded a bullet this heavy for the Hornet. My go to bullet was a 45grain which was kick*** round.

Haven't been shooting for a few weeks. I am knitting so much for Christmas my hands are a mess and can't hold a gun lol. Something has to give and I have a feeling it is going to be less knitting lol. I am getting the itch to shoot.

Most shooting fanatic's would dress better for cold weather. But this one doesn't no socks Vans tennis shoes and not the best jacket. But I did shoot and shot well at a 100yrds lite snow was falling and temp was 37 degrees. Went and bought 50 rounds of 22 Hornet at $54.00 that's a little over a dollar a shot. But like most Sunday's a shooter has to do what it takes. Oh almost for got Clelands had pistol powder today so some made it home with me $23.99 per pound.

If I could, I'd shoot every day. Especially outdoors. I don't care how cold it gets, you can always put more clothes on or have a heater going. Only do indoors when that's all that is available.

I grew up shooting at private gun clubs and back then, there were plenty. But times have changed as we all know and I don't have that luxury anymore. Most clubs it seems here in Ohio want to be kept secret or limit their membership to select persons or charge outrageous membership fees. That's progress for ya.

dogrtst

Has my obsession with shooting peak. Since January my shooting has slowed to a crawl. This could be do to the long cold winter as well as a cough that just won't go away. Has others shooting this winter slow? We have a indoor range but it's not the same. So maybe spring will bring things back to normal clear skies birds chirping green grass. Or is this a sign of age setting in and starting to hate winter and cold.

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
So maybe spring will bring things back to normal clear skies birds chirping green grass. Or is this a sign of age setting in and starting to hate winter and cold.
Nah. It's not age. We just get better as we move along!

Seriously, when you start getting in a rut shooting at sticks and cans and whatever it is people shoot at in a field, grab a buddy or two and head on down to a simple "shooting sport" and give it a try.

I've had MANY guys tell me it revived their interest in shooting AND made them a better shooter to boot!

I was kind of bored with basic shooting a few years back too. The regular range, as nice as it is, just wasn't worth the effort to ride down to, deal with the crowds and lack of being able to do something besides just shoot down a straight line.

Hey, give it a try. You've already probably got everything you need.

Or drive on down to Florida and go shoot a Monday night match with me for bragging rights on the Ohio Forum!

Here's one of our aged 70+ shooters working out with his stock Glock 19.

AD

Today Kaleb and myself shot outside. The range was real wet and sloppy but that didn't stop us. We took two .22 rifles the Remington 514 and a Ruger 10/22 the deluxe sporter model with checkered stock and rubber recoil pad with sling swivels. Had the gun about 10 or more years and may have shot a box of ammo. The Remington at 50 yards shot three shots in less then 1" group open sights not bad for an oldman like myself. The grandson shot pretty god aswell so a good day for all.:)

I went today and the 22k Hornet out shot the DPMS 223. My best group today was two bullets touching each other the 3rd opened the group to 5/8". The AR looked like a shotgun pattern. My scope on the Long Tom needs adjusting was hitting a little low at 100 yards. For those of you that didn't know Howard named the gun. It's my Ruger Super Blackhawk with 10 1/2" barrel scoped with a 4x Simmons. Not my best scope but it hasn't rattled apart. So the 100 yard target shooting has started for me. Tomorrow is another day to shoot.

If your a member and live in the Toledo area and would like to shoot. I'm offering a chance for you to shoot at my club. I'm off 1/2 on Good Friday and open to shoot Saturday & Sunday after 12:00 on all above days targets will be provided by myself. Send a PM as you will shoot some of my guns.

Going to the club in a little bit. The loads are cast bullets and Titegroup powder at 10.0 grains 250 SWC at a little over 1200 fps. They been laying around for awhile time to send them down range to a good home on the hill.

when I used to belong to the TRW(now called 'crooked creek")gun club,whenever I would go out to set up targets or change targets at 25,50,100,200 yrds,I would gather/pickup any that were visible top of the ground.

daniellawecki

Army
vip
Army
After being sick for a few months I turned the corner. Today I went to the range and had a good time. The AR was first then the Contender at 100 yards boy that 22K Hornet is a shooter. The 10 1/2 super Blackhawk was next at 50 yards finished the day at the 10 yard line with a Colt 1911 & the Springfield 1911A. Boy it sure felt good to get out no coughing and easy breathing today all the meds but one is done and boy did I shoot. So how was your day I hope all the Mothers out there had a wonderful day.:thumbs:

Well its Sunday and I'm getting ready for shooting. Two 1911s and the gun I've not shot in a while GP 100. So everyone here enjoy FATHERS DAY. Go shooting and cook out with family.:)

My wife always ask why to you shoot so much? She knows everytime I go the X is shot out. So today I said I was going to split a card like Bob Munden. So I loaded the car with wife in toll. It took three shots. First shot left by about 1/8" inch second cut card not all the way thru. Third shot all the way thru looked awesome. This was done outdoors at the 7 yard firing line the load was 158grain SWC mixed brass Titegroup powder 3.5 grains. I have done this before with Howard Reesch and his son Brian there. The video on my phone sucks so I going to by the Go Pro or something better. :flag: