Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid Declines to Endorse Feinstein’s Assault Weapons Ban

Discussion in 'The 2nd Amendment' started by whitewolf68, January 31, 2013.

1. There’s a reason political analysts and pundits have been saying that Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s ban on ‘assault’ weapons has a slim chance of passing out of the Senate and that is because key players in the Democratic party are reluctant to endorse the controversial bill.

At the top of that list is Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), who is undoubtedly a galvanizing force in Congressional politics. Over the years, Reid has been the point man on a number of legislative priorities for the Democratic party, including the president’s crown jewel: Obamacare.

Yet, when it comes to banning semiautomatic rifles with certain cosmetic features, Sen. Reid is not willing to fall in line with his peers. On Tuesday, Reid was asked specifically about Feinstein and her comprehensive federal gun ban.

“She’s talked to me about her assault weapons. The new one. She believes in it fervently and I admire her for that. I’ll take a look at that,†Reid told The Hill.com. “We’re going to have votes on all kinds of issues dealing with guns, and I think everyone would be well advised to read the legislation before they determine how they’re going to vote [on] it.â€

http://www.guns.com/2013/01/31/senate-majority-leader-harry-reid-declines-feinsteins-assault-weapons-ban-video/

2. rjrivero

rjrivero

Re: Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid Declines to Endorse Feinstein’s Assault Weapons

With Clinton even warning the Dems that a ban would be disaster for their party, it seems that some have learned the lesson(s) of the past. Bill Clinton to Democrats: Don?t trivialize gun culture - Byron Tau - POLITICO.com

We must remain vigilant and continue to write our letters and make our marches. This is a pivotal time for the 2nd.