• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Selling a registered gun?

I was wondering about selling a registered gun. I know Ohio doesn't register guns. I was stationed in California during my time in the Marine Corps and purchased one of my handguns while I was out there and now I am looking to sell it to a buddy that is legally allowed to own it. The gun is reregistered in my name from when I purchased it in Cali. So is there any issues or hoops I have to jump threw in order to sell it to him or is F2F ok.

What are the California rules/laws for selling a firearm that is registered to you ?
What are the federal implications about a handgun sale across state lines ?
What are the California rules/laws for selling a firearm across state lines that is registered to you ?

I would find out those answers first.

I am not selling it across state lines. I live in Ohio again and when I was in the Marines my home of recored was still ohio so I always had an Ohio ID. If your military you can buy a gun in the state you are stationed in with your orders and your ID from your home of recored state.

much different situation than assumed by your original post/question. since ohio doesn't have regisration,are you refferring to just a background check ?

No. Sorry if I wrote it in a confusing way. I was just wanting to make sure there was no issues with me selling it to him since it is registered to me in Cali. I know he will pass a background check. He is my soon to be brother in law and I was with him a week ago when he bought his new 870.

There's what you have to do and there's what you should do. What you have to do is nothing, just a FTF, what you should do, because of the way things are in the country and society, is get a signed sold-to.
Your decision.

There was a reg customer in a LGS, he was talking about a used S&W 357. He came from , can't remember which state, but he sold it to a neighbor. But never reported the registered gun sold. He is in Ohio now, but said last year he got a call from the Po-Po, the guy he sold it to was sitting on his porch smoking weed with a BB-Gun, scaring kids. He was arrested. The cops removed all firearms. They got in touch with the guy and he got the gun back.

They were evaluating the old guy in a mental. Said the gun was still registered to him, he got it back.

At least get a bill of sale.