• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

scopes in general

Everyone looks for something different in scopes; I try to look for versatility. To me, scopes with AO’s are better than scopes without them. Scopes without AO’s are normally centerfire scopes with their parallax set at 100yds.

Anymore I look for scopes that have an AO that can go down to 10yds or so & out to infinity. I also like scopes with a little more magnification than most people. And it doesn’t bother me in the least to buy a scope that’s Springer airgun rated.

Actually some of the better deals out there right now are the Simmon’s whitetail classic or prairie hunter & the 44mag. Leapers just came out with their 5th generation scopes that are killer. Muller is also a good solid scope name with their APV line along with the target & eradicator line of scopes.

I just like scopes that are capable of doing more than 1 type/style of shooting. It’s nice to have a scope that I can use on an airgun in the basement in the winter, put it on a 22 & target practice with it & then put it on a centerfire & hunt groundhogs out to 1000yds.

The last hunting scope that I bought was actually a straight 6x. It’s a compact mildot scope with an AO that goes down to 5yds. It’s a leaper’s 5th generation scope called a bug buster & they call it a bug buster for a reason. It’s made to take out bugs 30yds & in. But it can be used on any rifle from a Springer airgun up to & including the 338mag with an AO that goes from 5yds to infinity.

Everyone looks for something different in scopes;..........with an AO that goes from 5yds to infinity.
I have just recently started to consider and AO - since I got the CZ 452. Squirrel hunting and starling control offer shots at a few yards to over a hundred. I used to have a Japanese Tasco World Class 1.75 - 5X on my 10-22 and consistently busted starlings at 80 yards but could also hit squirrels at ten yards, but it was a centerfire scope. I used it on a custom .25 Souper before that and starlings became grayish-pink foam at a hundred and beyond, so it's not like someone at the factory messed up on the parallax adjustment.

Since I put the Redfield 2 - 7X on the 10-22, I have not been able to hit well with the 10-22 at all. Currently, it resides in the safe sans scope. The Redfield isn't the best scope I have (or available) but I figured it would be "good enough" for a .22. Not necessarily so, and I have considered changing the parallax setting on it for the CZ.

I have always gotten along better with "lower power scopes, but have been toying with the idea of one like yoiu posted in the Mousefart Guns sub-forum. No spare cash at the moment though, so I have to use one of the ones I have.