Ruger will no longer sell in CA

Discussion in 'News, Headlines and Information' started by MikeH121, January 15, 2014.

1. MikeH121

MikeH121

Ruger is tired of putting up with the hassles. Must pass an extensive bunch of tests...drop tests etc...including the fees attached, any time they make a change to the gun, it must go thru the process again. 200 dollars for each model number per year to just renew if no changes.

“In perhaps one of the more shocking discoveries at the 2014 SHOT Show, Ruger spokesperson Kevin Reid revealed that Ruger was going to let it’s entire California Semiautomatic pistol roster ‘…drop off…’ the CA Department of Justice Approved Handgun List . . . Ruger has already let some 60+ semiautomatic pistols drop off the approved handgun roster with the rest shortly to follow.â€

2. Why does this not surprise me one bit. CA is trying to become it's own country and I say we let them succeed in good riddance.

Last edited: January 15, 2014
  3. Firefighter1069

Firefighter1069

I have friends that love California. They visit at least once a year, and talk so highly of it that it has got my girlfriend hooked on the idea of going, and I flat out refuse to go. I just don't want my tourist dollars going to a state with such restrictive gun laws. Same reason I refuse to go to New York (girlfriend also wants to visit there to go shopping). New York is one that is more upsetting to me though, I'd love to go visit Ground Zero, but again I don't want the state to receive any of my tourism dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. MikeH121

MikeH121

Hey Fire just get her tickets to goto NY or CA and you goto a Gun range and training. :D IN Texas or Navada.

5. Firefighter1069

Firefighter1069

Hahaha I like the idea Mike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Ron Barrett pulled the plug on California so a can't figure out why anyone would do business there. H*** I wouldn't visit that state even if I got free airline tickets and free hotel stay.

7. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

While I feel somewhat sorry for those firearm enthusiasts who choose to live in California, I can't blame Ruger or any other firearms (or ammunition) manufacturer for thumbing their nose at the fools in charge in Cal. Unless the residents finally get fed up with all the foolishness and vote out the perpetrators, it will only continue to get worse in years to come (it may already have passed the point of no return :mad:).

8. rebel_son

rebel_son

Don't blame them. Bring the jobs to a state that appreciates what they make. I cant understand why any gun company is still operating up north let alone CA

9. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

10. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Smith & wesson will no longer sell firearms in California. Remember folks what happens out west will head east. Support the NRA they need us more then ever. So buy a American firearm if possible Ruger Smith & wesson and the many others made here in the USA.