Ruger LC9

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by ADulay, November 25, 2012.

1. All,

I had the opportunity to shoot this gun today at the range as one of our lady shooters won it in a recent state wide match and she was testing it out.

I had a few spare 9mm bullets (115g) in the bag and took a few shots with it.

I'd heard a lot of bad things about the gun from other people around the nets but figured I'd at least see for myself what it was all about.

Shot 6 rounds at 15 yards to the standard IDPA target. It shot slightly low for me but all 6 shots were low in the center "zero" circle, so that's good.

They hadn't done anything to it other than stipple the grip so the sights were spot on for me.

This looks like it would be a decent pocket gun or maybe a backup ankle gun.

I don't own one and am not planning on buying one but wanted to put up this small report in case anybody else was looking for one. I figure as we all wind up shooting other guns from time to time, the initial reaction to them might make for interesting reading.

AD

2. udbrky

udbrky

I have one with the laser. It's a good gun, I just never carry it. I can't decide if I want to keep it for the times when I will pocket carry, or sell it.