• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Rubber floor plate pads

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
I've yet to use any of them on my Kimber mags but have them. Just curious what the purpose is for them and whether or now anyone uses them. I prefer the clean look to my mags personally and don't like the extra sticking out.

rjrivero

nra
nra instructor
The rubber pads are to keep the mag from drop free damage. Reloading, we often let the mag fall to the deck, typically causing dings and dents to the bottom of the mag. The rubber pad takes that beating so the mag stays functional. It also allows the mag to stick out of the bottom of the gun so you get a good mag slap during a mag change.

I have them on all my 1911 mags.

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Thank you RJ. I guess I never really thought about those reasons. I always thought it was just for finger placement on smaller frames.