Reccomended me a Red Dot on ar carry handle.

Discussion in 'Accessories & Gear' started by TheRightMonkey, December 26, 2012.

1. I have always used iron sites for the most part but I am interested in trying out a red dot for my AR. it would have to mounted on my fixed carrying handle but I would be more than willing to have a screw down picatinny or weaver mount I. Order to mount the red dot on top of that. I don't want to spend $600, I'm looking for something in the $100 range. Any recommendations and advice would be appreciated.

2. MikeH121

MikeH121

3. I have a rail adapter on my Bushmaster A2 with a fixed carry handle with a Pursuit red dot scope on it. I can still use my iron sights, which are dead on, and use the red dot scope as well.

So far the setup works pretty darn well. As a matter of fact the picture of the Ultimate Arms Gear scope looks almost exactly like my setup. The scope looks identical as well but I got mine at Bass Pro on a Thanksgiving special.

4. rebel_son

rebel_son

Lots of people love the eotch but they are serious cash. I am just gettin into red dots myself. I have heard good things about the sightmark holographic sites that look like the eotch. They run about $100

Amazon.com: Sightmark Ultra Shot Sight QD Digital Switch: Sports & Outdoors

You can also combine that with a flip of magnifier to give you some extra look if need be.