• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Re-blue

Does anyone have suggestions for re-bluing an old gun? Should I go with a cold blue, hot blue or rust blue? I'm doing this for the first time.

I might be a little too late for this... But I suggest Rust Bluing. As far as bluing firearms goes, this is the best method by far for getting superior rust protection as well as a sleek looking finish. It's not difficult to do, but it is a long and somewhat tedious process.

Cold bluing is temporary. Rust bluing is a good especially on the old shot guns that barrels are soft soldered together.
True hot bluing is the best. But the setup is not easy. You need iron tanks with a good hot burners under them.
Bluing salts are basically lie that you boil at if I remember right 393 degrease. if the temperature raises or lowers two or three degrees the bluing will turn a Redish cast or greenish cast. To raise or lower the temperature of the bluing salts you add water the more water the higher the temperature goes but when you add water you have to trickle it in or it will erupt water and acid don't mix.
Years ago I used Herters Bluing salts it would come ln a 1 gallon can of crystals which when deluded Would be enough for an average bluing tank.

RICHGCOOP

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

Last edited:
Check Williams Gun Sight they reblue guns the cost isn't all that bad. The money you spend to do one job will not be justified.

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
The best re bluing job I've seen, came from the Colt Factory. I phoned them about having a pistol redone a few years back.
You simply mail it to them with the appropriate paper work. The price at that time was $300.:flag: