Range Trip

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by MikeH121, May 26, 2014.

1. MikeH121

MikeH121

Went to the range today. ReadyLine in Newtown Ohio. Finally had time to shoot there. Got my range card watched the safety video. 5 bucks for the card, good for a year. Range is nice, computer controlled lanes. Touch screen type in yards target goes there.

Took 4 pistols I have not shot yet.

Savage 101 .22LR Single shot revolver. Shoots. Fun little gun annoying in that it is a one shot.

F.I.E. 38 S&W caliber 2 shot derringer. Accurate at 10 yards. Put the first 2 shots into a 1 1/2 shot hole :D. Nice little pocket backup.

My FEG PA63 Makarov. NICE. Little 7 shot shooter. Shot well no problems. Also made sure the decocker works. Does. Accurate little pistol, managable recoil.

The new B-Day present CZ 75 P07 40 cal. It HATES Tula steel case underpowered ammo. Fired a shot, barely ejected. Second shot, case did not eject all the way. My XD 40 likes all kinds.

Dropped in some BreakFree, and loaded Federal 40. likes that. And I likes the 40 cal. It is a nice shooter - Tula ammo. The CZ still needs to be broke in as the loading can bite your fingers the mags are stiff, not as stiff as the springs in my Springfield. took my magloader. makes it easier.

Overall the CZ is smaller than my XD, nice little shooter though.

Readyline now has 3 variants of the CZ 75 P07 in 9mm. All under 500.00 but could not pass up the CZ 40 cal for 350 that I paid.

Could not walk out without buying something, bought a they call it a 4 pistol case. But it can actually hold 8 unless you have 8 Desert Eagles. Plano case for 21.95. SO I got out of there cheap for me.

Fired off about 75 rds total. 16 bucks for the hour.

I guess the range thing outta be nice for the 6 million they spent on the building of it.

2. I think I'm gonna have to google the location and figure out if/ when I can get a membership and get to it. ;)

Edit:
    Eh... No. Almost a 4 hour drive. :eek:

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  3. diesel

diesel

Sounds great, Mike. Lucky me, can go into the back yard to shoot and STILL don't shoot enough.
    I will follow your example though, just put a RedDot on my Rem. .22, got a new USED Smith Mod. 29 I have not shot, and a .22/250 that still needs the scope mounted on it.
    Just graduated from tech. school last week and i'm running crazy trying to find a job. Tomorrow...tomorrow I will MAKE time to shoot as it's fix'n to pour cats and dogs here now.:time: :flag:

4. what kind of tech school ?
    what variety model 29 ?

5. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Let me guess a machinist please tell me if I'm right. Second guess would be tool & die.:p:flag:

6. diesel

diesel

Yup, just finished CNC Machine Tech, now I need a job so I can afford to take a gunsmiths course. Received an Associates degree.
    S&W, Oldman, what else for me?
    Traded a 4" stainless for 6" blued in like new condition.
    I love the blued revolvers all though I carry a stainless S&W mod. 60 .357.
    Pretty good guess, Daniel! :flag:

IMG_0511.JPG

Traded for the blued.

IMG_0494.JPG

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  7. I wasn't inferring some other brand,just wanted to know blue or SS and barrel length.

8. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    diesel I have a Model 43 .22 J frame you may have heard tem called a kit guns.

9. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Also a Smith & Wesson 1955 45 auto rim 45acp Target revolver target hammer trigger & grips. I have original cardboard box wooden box and everything factory new. Oh da 6 1/2'' barrel don't you have a soft spot for this length. Didn't Bangor Punta Company own Smith & Wesson from 1964 -1984.:p

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  10. diesel

diesel

Wow....I've only seen them in ads and pictures, i'd love to have a Smith .22 revolver. There are 3-4 of them on Armslist.com right now but are priced way beyond my present means.
    I truely don't know who owned them over the years but, a holding co. that bought the steelmill i worked at, owned them in around 2005-06. I can't recall the name but i will certainly find out.
    How about a pic of your Mod. 43, Daniel?

CERABRUS CAP.:evil: that was the name. Also the name of the dog that guards the gates of hell, figures, don't it? :flag:

Yes, the 6 1/2" s are getting hard to find. I'm a 4" guy (just ask my Wife..LOL) but i also like the 5" s with the barrel lug (classic). They just look good.
    Your Smith ACP is worth a ton these days as well, Daniel, but just owning it takes precedent over it's value.....no?

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  11. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Pics are in the camera working Saturday again. I should not complain there are people looking for work I'm blessed.