Range report!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Nomad, August 26, 2013.

1. I was invited to a co-workers home in the country to shoot today. I decided this was going to be my misfit day. Basically shoot some hand guns that don’t make to the range. My Hi-Point c9, my Judge is what I referred to as my misfits . Don’t get me wrong I really like these weapons, I bought them, my M605 .357 carry which is NOT in that category. Also took all 3 of my Rugers, Sr22PB, LCP and my SR9c but didn’t shoot them just wanted to show them off. My co-worker has a Hi-Point 9mm carbine with a red dot and a Hi-point c9, Ruger Blackhawk .357 6†barrel and a Ruger LCR .22lcr.
    We shot for a few hours and I was VERY impressed on the Hi-Points, NO hiccups, they ran flawlessly. I put 100 rounds of a German +P 9mm JHP’s through it and to my surprise they ran 100% and very accurate, I guess the plus to a Hi-Point besides the price is if you run out of ammo due to the single stack mag’s you can always through it at a BG and take them out from the weight or the ugliness LOL. Serious though, I was impressed with the Hi-Points performance and accuracy. My Taurus SS Judge Magnum w/3†cylinder and barrel I put 20 4 shot .410’s through it and my M605 .357 I put 5 of my co-workers .357 158gr reloads, 5 - 125gr Hornady and 40 Magtech 158gr 38 specials all at 100% so I really enjoyed this shoot. I don’t get to do it very often because of ammo surplus/prices and I am saving for my AK so I felt privileged to do this much.
    After a few hours my co-workers son came out with his AR and got to shoot 2 shots with that as well, I have shot that before, he also just purchased and I was privileged to be the second person to shoot a mag of Blazer Brass .40 fmj’s with his new SR40c! SWEET! It was my first with the SR40C and by the way it fits my SR9c’s Little Foxx’s holster perfect. Like duh I knew it would. I am glad I got to shoot it; it shot very well of course but now I know I made the right decision for myself getting my SR9c instead of the 40, I can handle it much better. I also shot my co-workers LCR .22 which was his wife’s and the first time I ever held one. It was surprisingly light and to be honest my LCP’s trigger blows it s trigger away but to be fair my LCP is 2 years old and very well broke in and the LCR was purchased for his wife this past Christmas and not shot all that much. When I went to eject the spent casings in the LCR all but 3 casings came out and 3 remained in the cylinder because the ejector didn’t push them out and I had to grab my trusty Leatherman and pry the 3 casings out while holding the ejector out he said it’s done this before and I told him that if that was mine I would be calling Ruger. Wouldn’t you? I also put 4 rounds of his .357 158gr reloads through his Blackhawk (I shot it before) and it is sweet but not very well maintained. (hurts to see that) but it rand well.
    Oh yeah I got to show off my 3 Rugers to my CO-Workers and his son.
    So to end the day (the fun wasn’t over) I came home to a meatloaf/corn/mac-n-cheese dinner then the fun began cleaning the two revolvers and the good ole Hi-Point. Started out at 1:30pm and had all weapons cleaned and every put in the safe as it should be by 9:00pm. Was nothing left but a calm feeling and a smile on my face.
    I took some pictures but it’s late and I will post them in the next day or two as time prevails on this thread. Life is good.

2. long,BUT good. maybe if we had more posts like this,in-active members would actually stop in and post threads and comments.

3. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

Nomad ... Sounds like you had a great day. Looking forward to the pictures :)

4. Here is the pics I promised click here

I have never known people from Ohio to be shy, until now :p

5. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

Nice pics Nomad. Looks like you had the opportunity to enjoy a good deal of cleaning time as well :)

6. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    At work we can take a 1/2 day off for Good Friday. I walk around the shop and ask who want to go to the range. After a short safety talk I let them shoot my guns I watch them all shoot. The only thing they must bring is hearing protection. The ammo targets the guns are all mine I take 1,000rds of ammo. Once in a while they stop for a break and I"ll show them what I can do with my skills and my guns. I'll take friends out anytime to introduce people to are great sport. This week I shot some ok groups at 50yrds. useing my Gp100 shootin 38spl 150gr SWC over 3.6 grs of Clays powder. Standing with open sights my first group was 3'' I thought that was alittle big. This week I shot 750 rds throw that gun alone over 5-6 days most of the shooting was at 25yrds. So after getting bored Thursday I started shooting at 50yrds standing.

Last edited: September 1, 2013
  7. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Went to the range again today 4 people shooting watched for awhile. Two old men where trying to sight in aRuger 10-22 takedown model. After listening for a bit. I heared one man say a reddot was junk. So me and another guy shot the same gun and shot nice groups. I told them the trigger pull sucked and they need to learn to pay more attention to the trigger pull don't jerk it. So I shot my hunter standing at 25yrds they were pretty shocked. So after awhile I put a target at 50yrds 20 shots just right of the bullseye 3'' group standing. So I told them trigger control was the reason for my groups being so small and alot of practice. I took my Ruger Hunter - Taruas Tracker - High Standard all 22cal and my Ruger Gp100 shooting 38spl. So when at the range give a helping hand to anyone needing help some times help plocice and pick-up their brass offer a free target or just a little help of any kid be true to the sport and be a sportsman or sportswomen. So please lend a helping hand shooting fishing boating or hunting and don't forget reloading we need good people out there Thanks Dan Lawecki .:peace: