range lead

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by daniellawecki, August 26, 2013.

1. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    I,m going to talk to the board at the club. This would be about mining lead outside in the hill or on the indoor range. Was wondering if anyone would like to mine there as a guess of the club.

2. I would be game to do so. Hell I would not mind being a member of a gun club again either. :D

3. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    I was on the board for years I talk to the them and set up a day it wouldn't take long for us to 1,000 each.

4. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

Daniel ... That would be a long drive for me to mine lead. Now if we were talking gold ... I'm there :pilot:

5. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Well I just might have to mine some and ship some on my dime BuckJM53

6. figureing handgun lead ranging from 120-240 grains with 180 grain average, that's 39 bullets per pound. 1000 average handgun bullets would weigh 26 pounds.

7. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    You are real close with those numbers as a caster and shooting nut I'm always looking for lead good wheel wieghts are hard to come buy. Threr are alot more zinc ones out there do to the evil lead scare. R&M recyclers in Tol Ohio will sell lead to me when they have good lead. Most of are club members shoot cast bullets bought throw manufactures. So mining lead out of the range would have good bhn #s and make great bullets.

8. Zinc wheel weights ? How do you tell the difference ? I believe zinc has a 'whiter' color and is harder. Lead wheel weights can be easily cut with electrical diagonal wire cutters.

9. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    They are harder some will have ZN on the back.

10. I've got 40 lbs. of wheel weights if someone wants them. I offered them to whitewolf back in april by potentially having him meet me in sandusky at one of my many trips to Cedar Point. He never responded for the lead.
    I'll be going to Cedar Point a lot during their 'HalloWeekends'. Also might be going to Kings Island (Cinci passing thru Columbus) yet this season. Might be heading down I77 thru Marietta before 2014 too to possibly some gun shows in N.C. Columbus,Cinci,Marietta trips are not definite.

11. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    When Will you be at Cedar Point or in Sandusty I would be interested.

12. Quite often during their 'HalloWeekends' as I go more at that time than during the regular season.
    The weights are USED and dirty. I removed all the ones marked FE(iron) and ZN(zinc).
    I go to the point on Rt.2 and normally get off at Rye Beach Rd.,but for meeting I can get off at Rt.250.
    I'll probably be going every friday and sunday for the rest of the season until the end of october.

13. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    I have afuneral to go to on Saturday but I don't have nothing going on Sunday will call or text.