Range bags/contents

Discussion in 'Accessories & Gear' started by dust_webbs, March 7, 2014.

1. dust_webbs

dust_webbs

What do you use and keep in your bag? Right now I have a carry on bag with one large pocket and a small front pocket that I got with a larger suitcase. I have a 40.cal bore snake ,12 gauge bore snake and 22.cal bore snake electronic ears and some disposable ear plugs clear glasses Gerber multi tool and cleaning rods for squib rounds and then I'll load ammo when I get ready to go

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

2. I usually have a bag ready to go with plenty of 9mm, 45 and .308 and of course extra magazines for the pistols. Of course there are the needs things like a toolkit and glasses to go with it.

I was always taught be ready at a moments notce to have your bags ready and ALL gear ready to go.

3. diesel

diesel

My bag consists of;
    1.) todays ammo
    2.) my good pair of shooting ear muffs
    3.) several pairs of throw-away ear plugs
    4.) my spotting scope + tripod
    5.) my handy-dandy stapler for hanging targets
    6.) targets (plus several 1" flo orange circle targets)
    7.) cleaning rods + accoutrements
    8.) an allen wrench multi- tool
    and lastly,
    9.) two small screwdrivers (a slot + a phillips) :flag:

4. dust_webbs

dust_webbs

what type of bags do you use i been looking for a better bag. as i said mine is just a black carry on suitcase bag.

5. diesel

diesel

I use an old square trap shooters bag with many pockets and a shoulder strap. I'll post a pic when I have time.:flag:

6. diesel

diesel

Nice set-up 10mm.:flag:

7. Depends on what I'm shooting that day. I always keep 5 mags loaded for my AK and my AR. For the AK I simply grab the rifle, mags, cleaning patches & cleaner, and any additional ammo I may shoot and I'm on my way. Any needed tools are in my butt stock and my cleaning rod is under the barrel. For the AR I grab my mags, any additional ammo I may shoot, cleaning kit, lube, a 1/8" punch and go. For the Mosin I just pick up a spam can, cleaning kit, and a spray bottle of water until I can get it home to do a full cleaning and oiling.

8. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Targets allen wrench set, small screw drivers straight blade & phillips. Masking tape black magic marker zip lock plastic bags for brass. Tape measure used when sighting in guns. Old towel to set my gun on as the wood benches have screws popped-up. Ear protection always spare in case someone at the range forgot theirs. Don't carry any cleaning kits just some oil. Other bag is filled with ammo as I often take 4-5 guns. Then there's the bag that has the pistols & revolvers in it. So I really have to carry many bags and I leave target backers in each car pistol rest in each. Luckily I'm shooting again so lot is packed take brass out add more ammo

9. OGCJason

OGCJason

Great bags and lists here all! I've got my own I will have to inventory and share here. It's not as high end as oldman's but gets the job done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. I use a GPS Tactical backpack. Dedicated compartment with individual pistol bags for your handguns. Two top compartments, general purpose pocket for eyes, ears, pens, etc. It also has a lower section for tool kit and a side pocket for cleaning kit, ammo, mags, etc. Nice thing is it has MOLLE on the outside to add pouches such as my trauma kit and extra mag carrier. To top it off it has a built in stow-away rain cover. I used to use a single strap 5.11 Tactical range bag but when full it weighed a ton and was a pain to carry. The backpack is much easier to carry. My long gun cases all have their own built in pockets are spotting scopes, data book, mags, etc.

11. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Well my shit is simple one set of muffs, masking tape, one small screwdriver, targets off my printer ammo , and some change. The dime or nickel in my pocket works to adjust my scopes. KISS keep it simple stupid.