Powder question

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by MichMan, February 3, 2014.

1. On another post I explained about loading some 9mm 115gr RN plated, using Hodgdon HP-38 a little below the low side. I am going to disassemble the 25 that I did and reload them with the 4.5gr.
    I was watching a loading video on YouTube and someone on there mentioned that once you* finish a load, then decide for some reason that you need to take it apart, you should throw that powder away because it is contaminated. Is there any truth to that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. I've re-used rifle AND handgun powders from pulled-apart reloads and never had an issue/problem with anything,even chronographed velocities.
    And that goes back to the mid 70s',doing that,and still currently do it.

Last edited: February 3, 2014
  3. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Picked up some Titegroup the other day and I've used this before. I'm going to load some in .45lc -.45acp - .44mag next week. What are some of your favorite loads with said powder. Other pistol powder has not made its trip around NW Ohio yet . So I bought some Bullseye and Titegroup some of the powder I pick up every week will go into the hoard.

4. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    The 250 SWC cast bullet over near MAX load of TITEGROUP worked nicely. The first 4 shots at 50 yrds were at 1'' the fifth shot open the group some but I think it was the man behind the gun. With this fast burning powder the sound was a high pitch crack not the deep throaty sound of mag with slow burning powder. I shot 18 rounds and saw this grouped quite well. After reloading for years in the bigger bores this was the first load tested starting out just three tenths under MAX. As most loads over the years were ladder type working up this load started at the top. Gun used was 10 1/2 single action Ruger with 4x power scope from Simmons. Tomorrow another day so I take both .44s the other a Smith & Wesson 8 3/8 barreled 629 with open sights the gun is laser accurate.