Postal shoot

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by daniellawecki, January 21, 2014.

1. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    lets do a postal shoot like other forums. We will all use the same style targets we could do pistol or rifle ' Lets think about this rules and maybe some free be prizes there has to be a few of us that could pop for some prizes or funds. think about this for awhile no hurry.

2. reaper66

reaper66

When I read the title my first thought was a mailman lost it and went all active shooter. LOL! :)
    Other than that, I don't know what a postal shoot is.
    But if we're shooting, count me in.

Sent from my PantechP4100 using Tapatalk

3. from another site

Postal Match Competition

We all love to compete. We all love guns. Competing with our guns? That sounds even better. But we are spread all over the country! So, we have ‘postal matches’.

How Does it Work?

A postal match is an honor system target competition where we have established a set of rules and a set of standard targets. Then you go to the range and do your best and submit your targets and scores for judging.

4. The IDPA runs a "Postal Shoot" pretty much every year. It is a world wide match set over about 60-90 days in order to accomodate pretty much everyone's schedule and weather factors. I believe I may have even commented on it in some much earlier threads.

Although it is basically an "unsanctioned" match, there are usually 1500-2500 participants every year!

Yes, it is a lot of work. Yes, the honor system comes into play. Yes, you do need pretty strict rules. I don't think we would have some of the problems of others, but people do tend to bend the rules from time to time.

The Postal Match was generally 4 stages with well defined rules of engagement.

Once the stages were shot, the groups scores were uploaded (or sent via Postal mail, as in the old days, get it?) to a central scoring area where the score sheets were officially tabulated, entered and displayed.

Some Postal type matches are strictly bulls-eye style shooting, which many like. Some involve rifles, shotguns or whatever venue the people "in charge" decide to go with.

Obviously the key is to have the type of shooting that will appeal to the most members in order to get a large amount of the membership to play!

So, to whomever decides to tackle this project, perhaps asking what "styles" of shooting should be included would be a good start. I tend to lean towards the moving and shooting stuff but could be forced to stand there like a statue and lob a few bullets at some poor, defensless piece of cardboard if I had to. :mad:

Should we include weak hand or strong hand only shooting? A revolver division? Rifles? Shotguns? M-79 grenade launchers? (I carried one in VN so it gets my vote).

AD

5. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    When I throw this out as a feeler I will post rules ship targets out. And you'll practice with a copie of said target but the orignal targets will be numbered. Sure some one may try to pull the wool over our eyes but you only cheat yourself.

6. If you'll be "shipping" out a substantial amount of targets, would you like some sort of donation or entry fee to cover the mailing costs?

By the way, good idea on the numbered targets. I never even thought of that.

AD

7. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    I'll work on some rules this weekend depending on time or work. This has to be fun aswell as getting a chance to shoot and see what each of us can do.

8. wgedwards

wgedwards

It sounds like it could get some interest going.

9. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    One group auto loader one revolvers one rifle. Also how do you setup a pole on the forum?

10. You have to start a new thread and at the bottom of the page there additional options available for a poll as well. Click the box that say create a poll and enter the number of answers you want to have for a selection. Hope that helps.

11. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Thanks Whitewolf68 that was too easy.

12. Perhaps a third choice in the poll would be "Either one, it doesn't matter."

AD

13. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    there was option one and two in the poll feel free to add what you think would help everyone. ADulay I have no problem with any help offered. Thank You

14. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Was online looking at NRA postal shoot rules slow fire timed fire B2 B3 targets. A Dulay Google Nra postal match rules and check out center fire see if this will spark interest.

15. OK, just went over to the NRA site and started rummaging around in the NRA Pistol Rules, among other things.

Can't believe one of the "Postal" stages has one minute between shots!!!

It does appear to be strictly static bulls-eye type shooting, so if that's what the majority wants, I guess I can live with it.

Perhaps we should see what types of shooting venues most of the members have available to them.

Also, should there be movement, reloading, different shooting styles or strictly bulls-eye?

AD

16. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    I agree we should look at all types. It seems to me not many people are interested but I'm open to all kids of shooting. There has been 3 replies only boy I wish more would take part. For 350 menbers sadly a handfull even post lets drum-up some people. Come people lets get active in the site and shooting.

17. reaper66

reaper66

Work out the details. I'm in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

18. Hey! I've got a chance to wind up in the Top Ten!!!

AD

19. The way you shoot I should just concede now and eliminate the embarrassment. :p

20. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    The way it's going everyone has a chance at the top five.