Popular Firearms you would not buy/own

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by jakeball, March 29, 2014.

1. jakeball

jakeball

Looking for your reasonable dislike towards certain firearms. No hating on guns that you never even held please.

My experience with Glock.
    I purchased my very first pistol, Glock 26 gen4, i really enjoyed handling it. But when it came to the range the gun was FUBAR. Long story short i contacted customer service and it took the 4 whole months to respond to emails and phone calls. Ive shot a friends 17 and it was just fine i enjoyed it. But the customer service was just horrific by the time they got back to me i had already sold the gun. Needless to say i wont be buying a Glock for a very very long time.

Shoot Strait!

2. Well I am not a big S&W fan. Ever since they flip flopped on the buying public years ago I was a little tainted by that. I do own a S&W .45 that I bought from my father years ago. I do not shoot it at all, just too damn heavy for my liking anymore.

3. there are many I would not own(but no hate or dislike is involved) strictly based on their appearance/looks. I have a preference as to how a gun should look and everyone has a different preference in that aspect. In the pistol realm,I have a preference for Beretta 92s' and S&W 3rd Gen's. Not a fan of Glocks. Revolver preference is S&W,Colts are nice but they're collectables. Not a fan of the 1911 platform,had a Colt SS Double Eagle 10mm,nice gun but collectable.

4. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Looks don't bother me its accuracy that trips my trigger don't care if it pink as long as its good shooter.

5. Hemiram

Hemiram

I won't buy 1911s. I've had two, and they were both unreliable and overpriced. Pretty, but I would never trust either of them. A friend was a 1911 addict, and the problems he had with many of them even made him admit they were more of a toy collection than a set of guns you could bet your life on. His peak embarrassment came when another friend and I brought our "junk" EAA Witness (Me) and CZ 97Bs out and proceeded to shoot several hundred rounds of ammo (Hey, he bought it, we shot it!) out of our two guns without a single issue. No "Limp wristing" nonsense, no FTFs, no nothing. His $1500+(One cost almost $4000) 1911s weren't able to do that. None of them shot more than 4 mags without a hangup.

I don't like polymer guns in general, I had the first one, a HK Vp-70Z, and I didn't like it much, and a new one, a Taurus 809, a first class dud. My friend's 809 is a great gun, but mine wasn't good at all. Both weren't kept too long. I love CZs and the many clones.

6. diesel

diesel

I'm not an auto fan in general, however, I do own a Rem. R-1 1911 that I have had no trouble with, and a S&W .22 that shoots fine as well.
    To me there is nothing prettier than a blued 4" revolver of any kind and I find that my 4" Smiths are pretty darn accurate.:flag:

7. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    I have two 1911s and they shoot just fine. No FTF no jams no stove piping. I shoot only cast SWC 200gr bullets all the time. Other then different grips these guns are pretty much bone stock with thousands & thousands of rounds thru them.

8. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Nope - never met a gun I didn't like. :)

I like bigger grips. Back in the day I shot a Beretta 84. This was a .380 and I found I really like the larger grips even though my hands aren't THAT large. When the military adopted the 92, I decided I wanted one of those - still haven't gotten it yet.

I lean towards double stack autos in tough finishes. The only gun I regret buying is a Heritage Manufacturing rough rider .22 SA revolver. It locks up every once in a while, but I only paid $100 for it, so I can't complain too loudly.

I've never been a fan of the 1911s. but don't hate them. I would probably never own one, just because of the expense and their finicky nature. Too many other guns to buy!

9. I am the same as Prepper, never met a gun I didn't want to take home, you all know like that dog that followed you around the neighborhood. But Moooom, it followed me home.
    ~
    I lean to big guns, large calibers, unusual guns, ones that others are going to take notice of and like to own.
    ~
    Will be soon getting into lever action rifles, owned a 64 years ago, a good one a pre model. Want to get a 45-70, I just love the trajectory on these guns.

10. diesel

diesel

I like the levers as well, Dog. Also, the State may legalize levers that fire handgun ammo, straight-walled cartridges. That would be a blast for doe hunting, I have a Henry Golden Boy in .45LC.
    Yup....the Henry in one hand and the Ruger Bisley .45LC in a holster.....cowboy hunting at it's finest.LOL:D :flag:

11. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

I was gonna suggest teh Henry Big Boy to Dogshawred - those are some sweet shooting rifles. Diesel let me try his out last year and I couldn't believe how accurate it was. Decided I had to get my own in .45LC. Now a second in .44 magnum is on my short list.

12. It is hard to argue about shooting the same ammo in everything your are carrying, makes life in the wild so much easier.
    ~
    Henry's are a great weapon and have a long rich American history. I like their commitment to being an American made or not at all, makes a lot of sense and has made them wildly popular with gun owners.

13. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

I was taught how to shoot with a revolver when I was young. S&W Model 15 Combat Masterpiece was my duty gun for years, 4" and 2". Model 28 Highway Patrolman was the first I ever purchased ($135.00 in1974). Never cared for the Colt or Ruger revolvers, owned 2 of each. The only Rugers I currently have are the LCR 357, LCRx 38 Special +P and the LCR 22. I also have a Ruger 22/45 Lite as a training piece. Owned 2 Rugers SR1911 and SR1911CMD, not reliable, sold both. Carry a Sig Sauer 1911 Ultra Nitro, love it. Occasionally pack a Glock 36, shoots every time and accurate. The only big revolver I currently pack is a S&W 325 Night Guard, needless to say I like 45s. Just got a Glock 21SF and a 41,the jury is still out on those. Got the 41 to deer hunt with, have to wait for this coming season to be sure. Got a Mechtech CCU for the Glock 21SF, turns it into a carbine. Nice, may be a better deer hunting gun, semi automatic.

14. diesel

diesel

I'm with ya, Gatekeeper. I'm revolver guy all the way, Smith's mainly, but I like the Colts, too. I sold a Cobra and a Diamondback last year. I'm down to just a Python, now.
    But I also like the Ruger wheelys. I have a Ruger .45LC and I just gifted an old .44 Flat-top to my son for his B-day.

.357 being my favorite cal. (i'm down to just 3) heres a new Smith in ACP I like as i'm a .45 guy as well;

smith ACP.jpg

Just a great looking gun.:flag:

15. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

Diesel, I bought a Cobra for the wife in 75, and a Trooper. I took the Cobra to Germany in 77. The wife didn't like the recoil and wouldn't shoot it after our first trip to the range. I ended up selling it to a German Policemen I worked with, while on town patrol. Wish I would have kept it, could have gotten a lot more cash out of it today. Should a, could a, well you know what I mean. If I had all the guns I've sold over the years. Could kick myself if my leg was able. uploadfromtaptalk1396527961708.jpg
    S&W 325 Night Guard, 45 ACP w/Rose Wood Combat Grip, riding in a Old Faithful (make your own hoster).

16. diesel

diesel

I hear ya brother, I've sold some that I could cry over today.
    Your ACP looks great from what I could see of it. I truly like those grips.....beauties.:thumbs:

Hopefully I can get back to work in the next few months.....I think that will be my next buy. :flag:

17. I won't hate them or bash them, but some weapons that I just likely will never own are:

Czech VZ58:
    It seems like a solid platform, and appears that it may be every bit as good as an AK. Perhaps even a hair better in the handling department. And though the price of one is pretty reasonable, I find the following make it no more than a fun range gun:
    Lack of available spare parts
    Lack of aftermarket options
    Magazines not very common despite similarity to AK mags.

FN SCAR:
    I'm not going to lie, I would love to have one. Rugged, reliable, proven design and the ammo is common (5.56 & .308) but...
    Parts availability is limited.
    Aftermarket options? HA!
    Mags are out there, somewhere. It can run AR mags with some success so long as you use USGI mags. The mags for the .308 run around $40 though!!!
    And well, for $2,500+... They can keep it. Way out of my price range. I would just as soon buy ammo and mags for the guns I have with that money!

18. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

Diesel,
    Thought I would show you the gun without the holster

[​IMG]

S&W 45ACP Night Guard

19. diesel

diesel

What a beauty, can't wait to get back to work just so I can bye one.....lol. Definitely the prettiest .45 ACP I've ever seen. Thanks for throwing the pic up, G.K. I appreciate it.:flag:

20. I was looking at Nightguards in 10mm,but the 10mm NEEDS a longer barrel and then it would no longer be a Nightguard.