Paul-E-Palooza: Benefit Training for Paul Gomez' children.

Discussion in 'Tactics & Training' started by rjrivero, July 26, 2012.

1. rjrivero

rjrivero

This will be held at a private facility in Garretsville, OH. All proceeds will go to the children of Paul E. Gomez who passed away earlier this year. Paul was a renowned firearms instructor who has had a significant impact on his students and peers alike. The volunteer instructors list is an impressive one. It will be broken down into 2 hour workshops through the weekend. That's a LOT of firearms knowledge in one place.

Details can be found HERE.

See you on the range!

2. rjrivero

rjrivero

Getting ready to head out. There are 110 registrants, raising $22,000 for the the college fund for the children of Paul Gomez!

On the Itinerary: Crazy Monkey Defence: An Introduction to Fistic Badassery.

How can you NOT be geeked for such a weekend?

3. Wish I was going there rather then entertaining my wife's family all weekend. ;)

4. rjrivero

rjrivero

For the Record: ECQC is definitely worth learning. I am going to have to take a more complete course.

(ECQC= Extreme Close Quarters Combat. It's like Mixed martial arts with knifes and guns.)

5. rjrivero

rjrivero

This is just a smattering of the fine instructors we had a chance to work with during this event.
    Rob Pincus: Director of ICE Training.
    Greg Ellfritz: From Tactical Defense Institute and Active Response Training.
    Jeremy Decker: From TDI.
    Chris Fry from MDTS Training.
    Tom Givens from Rangemaster
    Jeffery Bloovman Armed Dynamics

There were others, but I don't have my notes here to remind me at this time.

The point I'm trying to make, is that for $200 and a weekend, I had the opportunity to train with instructors from ALL of these different schools for 2 hour blocks. There isn't ANYONE on this list that would charge less than $100 for an hours lesson, and some even MORE than that.

These conferences don't come along very often, and when they do, especially so close to home, you have to take advantage of it and get there. It was a GREAT opportunity to train with some of the best instructors in the industry.

Hopefully there is a next time.

6. I would have loved to have done the training there with you. I have company for 2 days solid and would have much rather been there then here. ;)

7. rjrivero

rjrivero

This just keeps getting better and better.

After the Paul-E-Palooza training event, I went ahead and found a couple of the instructors and schools on facebook. I entered a "give away" from MDTS Training and today found out that I had won the drawing!

Included is a Certificate for Carbine 1 and 2, an instruction DVD, stickers, T-Shirt, and 25 of their training targets!

[​IMG]

8. Very nice package...you've got great luck there RJ. ;)