• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Paracord rifle slings

-the first one was shown as the last one in post #19,I like the color but too much of it.
-the second one,a test,is a 4 strand black with 2 yellow strands interlaced to reduce the percentage of yellow.
-the third,a test,is a 6 strand with 2 yellow strands interlaced but I don't like the way the yellow bunches up.
-the fourth,a test,is a 6 strand with 2 yellow strands interlaced differently than the third to maintain a good look of the yellow.
-the fifth,a finished sling,based upon the fourth. A typical 6 strand wide sling takes 4-5 hours(for me) and the extra 2 strands of yellow interlacing easily doubles that time.

Last edited:
A week and a half ago at the Akron show when I picked up 2 bundles of the yellow,the vendor had 2 bundles of Neon Green,I looked at them and said next time. That vendor will be at the Niles show in 1 1/2 weeks,also at the Medina show in 2 1/2 weeks and the big Berea show in 3 1/2 weeks. I can wait,besides I need more sling swivels. Getting away from paracord braiding for a while will allow me to get back to reloading.

Anyway,more tests

when that last sling came out as you put it 'HOT',I did some variations.
The large 'X's look good but they cause an uneven edge,the small 'X's I like and the ones along the edge(like the big 'X's) cause an uneven edge. I think the small 'X's in neon green will look good.

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
I am half tempted to just have you make a sling for me and just pay you for doing it. Your work is turning out incredible.

Thanks for the compliment BUT
That would defeat the reason for me starting this thread. I started it to show that WE can MAKE our own slings and supplied youtube sources on how to do it.
Just like you can say(with pride) I made(assembled) that rifle,the same applies to the sling and it becomes very personalized with what you can do with the sling. Someone else can build a rifle EXACTLY as you did,but the chances of seeing someone else with a sling exactly like the one you made is slimmer yet.

AND that wasn't a refusal to make you one !!! Just pointing out the 'I made that' reason.
what's needed is to know what kind/variety of sling swivels,what variety/design of the sling and lenght of sling(in-between swivels).

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
No worries at all. I completely understand you reasoning.

AND that wasn't a refusal to make you one !!! Just pointing out the 'I made that' reason.
what's needed is to know what kind/variety of sling swivels,what variety/design of the sling and lenght of sling(in-between swivels).

My last post/sling pic was an 'X' sling.
I'll call this one a 'Y' sling in the context of 'why(Y) the hell did I make this one ! Interesting/unusual design.