Outlaws do have guns; so should citizens

Discussion in 'The 2nd Amendment' started by whitewolf68, December 29, 2011.

1. Outlaws do have guns; so should citizens

December 29, 2011

The Advertiser-Tribune

It has been said that if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. City and federal authorities in Washington, D.C., which has some of the toughest gun control laws in the nation, reinforced that point this month.
    Police announced a roundup of suspects, guns and illegal drugs that culminated a months-long undercover operation in Washington. Among weapons confiscated from criminals were automatic rifles and handguns with silencers. A total of 161 firearms were seized. One suspect had offered to sell undercover agents hand grenades and a rocket launcher.

Clearly, the criminal element in Washington is well armed. The city's strict gun laws don't seem to have even slowed down violent thugs. Meanwhile, law-abiding citizens who want to protect themselves, their families and their homes are told they can own guns only under narrow restrictions.

Reasonable limits on gun ownership and use are agreeable to the vast majority of Americans.

But those who see their firearms rights being eroded while criminals become ever-better armed have every right to wonder about government's priorities.

2. PHP:
    Reasonable limits on gun ownership and use are agreeable to the vast majority of Americans.

This is a dangerous position to take as a gun owner. Give the anti gunners an inch on limiting gun ownership they will do their best to take a mile. The second amendment is clear that Americans are to be free to own guns without limitations. The founding fathers knew how important guns where in them winning their freedom from tyrany and they knew they would be important for future generations to remain free!

"A free people ought to be armed."
    - George Washington

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    - George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

3. All I can say is that I agree 1000% with what you've said. :)

4. Can't argue with any of those quotes for sure!!

AD

5. diesel

diesel

I live in the Youngstown area so i must be armed.Seems as though the local news shows one shot or killed nearly every night. I refer to old adage ".........when they pry my cold dead hands from around it."

6. I cannot agree more Diesel. Toledo is getting to be the same way. I think we are up to 12 or so homicides already this year and I for one do not wanna be a statistic.

7. Sigh

Sigh

And another criminal element in DC is well funded! Between the two groups, it's mighty dangerous for law abiding and hard working citizens.

I've always firmly believed in NO restrictions on firearm possession. Admittedly, it's an unpopular position but I'm sure in my conviction and not looking to change minds or disagree about it. In my opinion, when someone commits a crime, arrest them and prosecute. Possession of a firearm should never be a charge; that's ludicrous and dangerous. When someone serves their time, they ought have full rights restored. I earnestly propose that it's the only sure way to protect the rights of everyone in this republic.

8. Being that voice that rings true.

It goes without any thought that if BG have guns the citizens must then be armed as well. Too many nations have fallen to dictorial rule simply due to the lack of weapons because of government disarming the public.
    I live about 50 miles West of Steubenville, Ohio, the town where I as born and raised so it holds a lot of memories for me and I always listen to their local news. I find it disheartening to hear almost daily about shots being fired and innocents being hurt or terrified because of these actions.
    The very block and those surrounding it where my family lived in the 50/60's has become a regular shooting gallery and there doesn't seem to be any end to the violence. Even the county where I live know has seen a significant increase in violence from shots being fired and innocents being hurt in the process.
    Without an armed citizenry willing to stand their ground in the face of street violence when confronted our society will spiral out of control and will only get worse with any further intervention by the governemt regard gun control. So we must be that voice in that rings out against violations and infringements of The Constitution's 2nd Amendment.