Osprey Piston

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by MikeH121, March 6, 2013.

1. MikeH121

MikeH121

I called Osprey today they answered on a cell even though it was after 5pm. I can order the Op-Rod for the mid length gas port barrel I got for 37.50 direct no problem. Will do so after 9 am Thursday.

He said they have those in stock. Said I should have in 3-4 days. Will finally have an AR until my backordered barrel arrives.

Great Company to deal with he was even complaining about 5.56 ammo. When they do a design mod they have to test it for the military using M189 5.56 ammo. Lake City. He said as a company they have 5,000 rds left. Even hard for them to find ammo.

And he was blown away by the lack of 22lr ammo out there. He said he himself had about 12,000 rds of 5.56 Lake City at home but may end up selling some to Osprey.

2. MikeH121

MikeH121

Op-od on the way, folks at Osprey Defense were helpful and a joy to deal with. Mid handguards on the way. So finally This build will be done, finished, over, complete.

Now......I can get back to reality and start worrying about having enough ammo to put thru an actual rifle. I have enough rds for me Mosin to start a revolt. Enough pistol ammo....me was smart me started last July buying ammo. If I knew I would decide to build an AR would have bought thousands of 5.56/223's as well.

3. Did not realize you needs the rod yet.

I was blown away when you said he had 12,000 rounds of LC ammo. Damn am I jealous.

I have my BCG and all now too just waiting on the barrel before I order the rest of the upper parts. :)

4. MikeH121

MikeH121

The Wylde barrel was carbine lenght with mid length gas port. The Carbine rod was too short. Instead of returning the piston as a whole I can just buy the longer Op-Rod. So now I have both mid and carbine rods. So when I finally get the Zombie barrel I can run both. :D

I just get another upper and have a reg barrel and a match barrel. No sense letting one sit alone. Instead of mounting later all I gotta do would be switch the piston. About 10 minutes to do that. OR....just wait until BCG's come back.